Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D :D :D
I got to the range yesterday with my Mini-14 with its new Hogue overmolded stock and Eagle muzzle brake. It was great. The stock gives a longer pull which was just right for the standard sights on my mini. The muzzle brake with new front sight was excellent. Once I had it zeroed I was able to get a 5 shot group in about 4 inches at 100 meters. Now this is with iron sights and my glasses aren't in yet. Just diognosed with a Stigmatism. The thinner front sight doesn't mask the target like the stock vane does. the circular sight protector also speeds target aquisintion. Now to look into stock bedding.

I also had my Mini-30 out which is scoped and I was able to make better single shots, but the groups were not very good. This could be a reflection on me or my ammo so obviously I need to spend more time on the range honeing my skills.

TC:cannon: :trooper:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I beded my Hogue. It tightened my groups, and got rid of those flyers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Tankcommander:
I have an Eagle sight/flash hider on my mini as well, its nice to be able to see what you're shooting at rather than covering the target like the stock sight isnt it? The only problem i had with it was that I had to file down the sight post a little to get it within the adjustable range of my peep sight, did you have any similar probs?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I guess I was lucky, the sights lined up really well. I found out as I was zeroing it that the rear peep was all the way down and I had to raise it up. I zeroed at 25 meters just like I learned in the Army and hit target at 100 and 125 meyers. The sight is adjusted pretty far to the right but all my rifles are. I tend to pull pull my shoots to the left.

I guess I need more practice. :D :D :D :D :D
Or any other excuse to get more range time.

TC:cannon: :trooper:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts