Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I know better by now? Yes. But, I couldn't resist picking up a pair of the Korean-made 30-round mags for the Mini-30. There aren't nearly as many aftermarket mags on the market for the Mini-30 as there are for the Mini-14, so I just had to give these a try. CDNN is offering them for a very nice price, so if they work out well, this will be a good deal. We'll see...I'll update in a week or so after giving them a try. Maybe someone else will also?

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/rumi307630ko.html

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Hi KMO;

I have seen 'em, but haven't bought yet. Be interested to read how they work out though, so please do post. I was pleasantly surprised with the functionality of the Promag 20 shooters for the mini. These days they are the backbone of my mini mag supply and have been champs. Also, promag beretta mags work okay ime (bought a couple locally before I found a source on surplus M9 mags).

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Looking forward to your report!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sub'd....

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Any idea who makes them? If it's KCI, you may well be pleasantly surprised.

I've got one of the KCI 100-round drums (Beta C-Mag knockoff) for my Mini-14, and it runs great...

·
Registered
397 Posts
KMI 100-round drums. Hmmm wonder if these can be had as Pre Ban?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Damn this is one of those cool items that just would be nice to have and play with! PM me if anyone has one they want to part with.

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
bet'cha you'll have to deburr/polish and tweak the feed lips to get 'em reliable, and maybe file on the rear mag catch if it won't lock in.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bet'cha you'll have to deburr/polish and tweak the feed lips to get 'em reliable, and maybe file on the rear mag catch if it won't lock in.
I'm not gonna take that bet. As I stated, I oughta know better by now. I guess I'm trying to beat the odds on this purchase. We'll find out in a few days...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hope the magazine work out to be reliable feeder’s, without any type of modification. Looking forward to what you have to say, after you get a little trigger time with them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am building up my high capacity Magazine inventory and I just pickup 2 of the new Pro Mag Mini30 30rds they are nice and heavy and fell right and when I cycled the action everything worked fine. But if these new Korean made worked well I can get twice the mags over the Pro Mags. I still have 2 of the USA Magazines 30rd Mags that have worked great since I first purchases them back in 1994. Too bad that USA Mag went belly up when the Brady Assault Weapons Ban too affect in Sept 1994. I am hoping that Senator Finestein does not get her Assault Weapon Ban passed and made the Law of the Land.

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
USA mag went out of bizz right when the lawsuit filed against them after the San Fran law office shooting rampage.
they re-opened briefly as 'American' magazines and made what I consider the best 10rd M30 mags ever. if you come across any snag them you'll be pleased.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK...I finally got out to try these two Korean-made aftermarket Mini-30 mags. They worked! Both mags rocked & locked into place on my newer Tactical Mini-30, and they did so whether the bolt was locked back or not. I did have to "tweek" the lips ever so slightly, as both mags were a bit of a bear to load, and some hand cycling revealed that rounds were difficult to load into the chamber at first. These mags come with a plastic floorplate positioned on top of the metal floorplate. The spring is heavy-duty, and the follower also seems of good quality. If I needed more Mini-30 magazines, I wouldn't hesitate to buy more of these from CDNN. I rate them a rare aftermarket winner for the Mini-30!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Oh my! Merry Christmas to me!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Vids & pics!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
KMO, glad they worked out for you, went to CDNN and could only find the 20 round mags, not he 30's you talked about.....

·
Registered
271 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts