Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase this rail for around $10, but I do not know who makes them, how they mount, or if they are reliable.

The person selling it claims it is new in box for Mini14/30 Ranch rifles. 7 inches long with 17 slots.

Update: Looks like it may be a China product, and it doesn't look very pretty on the rifle.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the opportunity to purchase this rail for around $10, but I do not know who makes them, how they mount, or if they are reliable.

The person selling it claims it is new in box for Mini14/30 Ranch rifles. 7 inches long with 17 slots.

Update: Looks like it may be a China product, and it doesn't look very pretty on the rifle.
I have one just like it. Got it doing some horse trading. I would sugest saving the money for something better. Very cheaply made.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I believe that you'll have to remove your rear sights in order to use that rail. Better to spend the extra money for a Weigand or GG&G mount.
I believe that is was designed for the older Ranch Rifles, with the flip down rear sight. When I installed it on my rifle, the rear bottom notch lined up exactly with the rear sight. And for the newer Ranch Rifles (think all the new Mini's are Ranch now), rear sight would definitely have to come off. I think its made by NcStar. Mine has no markings on it. Its very fragile for a lack of better words. Not something I would trust at all.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
You get what you pay for... ;)

IMHO, leave all NcStar parts alone -- I have yet to see anything they make live up to expectations or hold up to any amount of use.

Warne, Weigand, and GG&G are my recommendations.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You get what you pay for... ;)

IMHO, leave all NcStar parts alone -- I have yet to see anything they make live up to expectations or hold up to any amount of use.

Warne, Weigand, and GG&G are my recommendations.
You nailed it...STAY AWAY from ALL Ncstar. None of it is good. I have a Red Dot Reflex Sight that I also got in the trade. What a joke. When you click through the four different dot's (for a lack of better words), it loses zero.

I believe Warne, Weigand, and GG&G are all American made. Lots to be said for that. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.