Perfect Union banner

Kimber CDP article in SldrFrtne

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ches 
#1 ·
Just read the Soldier of Fortune article on Kimber's CDP .45 1911 type pistol. It sounds great. Would like your comments if you have any opinions. I happen to like Kimber a lot, but have not seen one of these Custom Defensive Package (CDP) pistols yet.
One thing about the KImbers, they are like other .45 lookalikes that you get: you will need a trigger job on them, even the match model
ches

#3 ·
Thanks magnumman. A friend at the range named Tom showed me one and it is lovely. (a Kimber CDP) real light. His trigger was ok but I would have lightened it just a little. No creep in his though. I was impressed.
ches

#4 ·
My CDP is a 3" model. I've been shooting competively with it at 50 ft. and 25 yards on indoor Bullseye shooting. I've been beating a few guys with ironsights....even with theirscopes. I'm going to purchase a Gold Match and put another Bushnell Holosight. I've got a Holosight on my High Standard Supermatic Trophy..7 1/4" bbl. and it shoots out of this world....mid 280's and should be 290's when i get wobble out of my shooting...:2guns: :2guns:

#5 ·
Thanks for comments magnumman. I got a Kimber polymer gold match for Christmas. I did not know what they made a light target gun for, but friends told me and kimber's page told me. It is for the combat type matches where you need to swing on targets faster than an all steel heavier gun can swing. I got it for SHTF situations. It is 10 shot and too wide a grip for concealed carry. You notice some additional kick over an all steel gun, but it is tolerable to shoot for a bunch of rounds. Of course, like I said, the trigger has some roughness in it even though it is a match gun. I may leave it or get a trigger job done on it. I, as usual, had to get a taller .200 sight on it. Kimber sends you these taller sights free. They are an OK company.
ches

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.