Perfect Union banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my Preban S/S mini 14 for a Polish Tantal HOPE I didn't do wrong by trading but I've been wanting a Tantal 4 awhile plus I can shot twice the ammo 4 what 1000rds 223 cost

·
Registered
47 Posts
I enjoy my Tantal a whole lot. Cheap to shoot, light recoil, and just fun. Now it's been a few years since I've fired a Mini-14, but those are fun as well, albeit more costly to shoot.

Let us know how you like the Tantal.

G

·
Interesting...is there a pretty good selection of 5.45 x 39 ammo out there? How does 5.45 x 39 compare to 223? I'm in the same boat myself although different caliber exchange. I just traded my used mini 14 for a standard Romanian ak 47 new in the box. In my case I was looking for more punch at close ranges so the 7.62 x 39 seemed like the ideal choice. I’m fairly new to the AK family of rifles but I gotta say the simplicity and functionality make them outstanding weapons. It took me a while to finally make the decision to trade, but now I'm extremely happy I went through with it. Any how, I'm sure you'll be happy with your new weapon too. Have fun

·
Registered
39 Posts
Russian surplus 5.45 x 39 is pretty plentiful right now and is cheaper than 7.62. I've never shot a 5.45 x 39 round but im sure its about the same as 5.56 x 45 NATO.

·
Banned
490 Posts
I just traded my Preban S/S mini 14 for a Polish Tantal HOPE I didn't do wrong by trading but I've been wanting a Tantal 4 awhile plus I can shot twice the ammo 4 what 1000rds 223 cost
Where did you go to school that they taught you that no puncuation is correct for the English language? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
34,705 Posts
Where did you go to school that they taught you that no puncuation is correct for the English language? :rolleyes:
Lighten up, Bear 45/70. It's a forum post, not a thesis, manual or novel. I'm fairly conscientious about punctuation, but civility is more important.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Was this a straight trade?

·
Registered
371 Posts
are you going to change your username now?, lol. good shot on the Tantal. I think you will be much happier with it than the Mini. Let us know if you like the new round.:ar15:

·
Registered
111 Posts
i think the tantal is a very tempting gun to purchase, but i simply could not rationalize it when literally everything i read talks of consistently key-holed rounds at short distances with the CAI guns. how have they not fixed this glaring problem?

·
Registered
47 Posts
i think the tantal is a very tempting gun to purchase, but i simply could not rationalize it when literally everything i read talks of consistently key-holed rounds at short distances with the CAI guns. how have they not fixed this glaring problem?
Just don't buy a CAI Tantal. <_<

Plenty of other good ones out there. My Lancaster has zero issues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lancaster or Interarms Tantals have been excellent, as they use a Polish barrel. Century Tantals had a long run of bad barrels which were US-manufactured and I think by Green Mountain.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Some AK fans on other websites suggest buying extra 5.45 ammo, as it is only produced in Russia, and there could be a chance of a trade 'hang-up' in the future if relations were to really sour.

It would be enough real heartburn to see only Wolf (etc) 7.62x39 and .223 cut off one day.

On a different note, heaps of Euro/British tax payer money goes to some eastern Euro and African countries to subsidize destruction of many tons of old surplus ammo and weapons. I accidentally saw the arms control organization website somewhere.

Some fellow shooters in the UK feel as if this will one day have a strong influence in the US.
South Africa is the latest country to agree to destroy large stockpiles of LEs and Brens etc (and ammo?), in exchange for money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Up date Sold the Polish Tantal for $600.00 to a Lt. in my Militia group and 2 weeks before that I sold my SAR-3 for 600.00 used that to finished building my Double Star Carbine sold it this past weekend for 950.00 Bought a ar 15 CMT with Colt 20" HBAR for 640.00 and a Taurus PT1911 with 4 mags for 550.00 + 236.00 for 600rds of 45acp

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope it was the older model mini, as the new ones are awesome. 2 inch groups at 100 yards and the reliability of the garand action and of course Ruger's investment casting internals. AK and garands are the most battle tested rifles on earth, both are great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts