Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a NIB Talo version of the Taurus PT1911 in .45 acp. They let me take a few shots with it. It feels like it is going to be a very good shooter.

I don't know what all Talo did to these guns other than the very highly polished bluing job and the fancy wood grips. It feels like it has had a trigger job but I haven't found out if Talo did that or replaced parts or just exactly what all they did.

After shooting it the only thing I might do is upgrade to some night sights. It has Novak white dots on it right now so I might get a set of theirs for it.

Out the door will be $600 and some change with a hard case, 2 mag's, complimentary box of 50 rounds of ball. I thought it was a decent deal anyways.

· Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is becoming really hard to wait to get my gun but I won't be able to pay it off until may. I have a couple boxes of break in ammo coming this week. I hope I can find some decent .45 acp for not expensive. The stuff I just ordered was .70 cents a round then tax and shipping got added.

· Registered
8,460 Posts
It is becoming really hard to wait to get my gun but I won't be able to pay it off until may. I have a couple boxes of break in ammo coming this week. I hope I can find some decent .45 acp for not expensive. The stuff I just ordered was .70 cents a round then tax and shipping got added.
Hi hottarod;

Congrats on the new pistol! The 1911 is a personal favorite and I'm sure it will serve you well.

You're in Texas? Keep hitting your local Academy if you're looking for .45's. they've been dry of pistol ammo lately - until this morning. I was there 15 min after opening and they had two nice stacks of 9x19 and .45acp. Price was a little steep - $17.50/box for 9's and $28/box for .45's. Winchester white box for both, so I was just about doing handsprings - didn't even ask about cost! (Also scored a single hundred pack of CCI Minimags for $7.50).

Best,
Grumpy
PS You did good. That's a very nice price today!

401 Posts
Congrats

I have been reading good things about Taurus 1911s. I think I read something about a Colt Exec. Running their line now. ???

There is something about a 1911 in your hand. Love to shoot the 45 acp.

Kimber makes some good aftermarket mags and reasonable in price believe it or not. I bought 4 for $21 apiece. 8 rounders and zero issues.

Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.