Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just hung up with Wholesale Guns & Ammo. Ordered one of their Sako M39 Finnish Nagants. It should be shipped out Monday. :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Which one did you get?

I've got a 1941 VKT M39 that I came from Century a few years ago.

It's a good shooter but it came with some worn bolt parts that made it barely headspace and the firing pin pokes holes in primers.

I had it and a Russian M44 sharing a bolt until just recently when I found a source for some bolt parts.

Now it headspaces and the firing pin protrusion checks out A OK.

Slowly learning some of this stuff.

Tennesse Gun parts is a great place to buy parts too. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Originally posted by Swede
Well I just hung up with Wholesale Guns & Ammo. Ordered one of their Sako M39 Finnish Nagants. It should be shipped out Monday. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered one of their Sako's in excellent condition. Another post I read the guy said he received an M39 from Wholesale and the bolt was rusted shut. He said they did replace it with a nice Sako so hopefully I'll get a nice one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also ordered some MN parts from Tennessee Gun Parts and they offer fair prices with shipping included. I ordered a complete bolt to use as parts for a Hungarian M44, the new bolt was also Hungarian.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I get frustrated easily. <G>

Have you called them for a tracking number?

I had a good relationship with Century a couple of years ago and that's why I jumped on the Very Good M39 when they briefly had them.

Dennis Jenkins

Still waiting.:(

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the BBT came today...... at 10:30. I don't know about the rest of you but I have to work and yes at 10:30 I was working. So they said they would be back between 10:30 and 2:00 on Monday. I guess it will be a three day weekend. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anticipation ,,,,,,,,,,, is keeping me waiting,, :rolleyes: ;)
Hate it when that happens, seems the BBT fellas usually show up when I'm gone too. :(
Anxious to hear about it, hope ya get a dandy! :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I finally met up with the UPS guy. :D

This is one fine rifle. It does have the Sako stamp on the stock and the receiver. I was hoping for a Civil Guard stamp also but I didn't request one and it doesn't have it. The bolt and receiver S/N's match. The bluing is about 80%. Most of the wear is on the corners. The stock has the normal scratches and dents and has a smoke pattern to it. The barrel is stamped 1942 but it has a hex receiver, which I believe was only made until about 1914. The bore is bright and shiny.

Can't wait to shoot this one. :ar15:

·
Registered
581 Posts
The receiver date is usually stamped on the bottom of the tang. Mine is 1897 and an antique.

I think all M39's have the hex receiver. Don't know when the change happened. My 1941 M38 has a round receiver.

There's a TON of nagant stuff at Tuco's.

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard...D=5&SID=1917583

Beware of the folded URL.

Dennis Jenkins

Well I finally met up with the UPS guy. :D

This is one fine rifle. It does have the Sako stamp on the stock and the receiver. I was hoping for a Civil Guard stamp also but I didn't request one and it doesn't have it. The bolt and receiver S/N's match. The bluing is about 80%. Most of the wear is on the corners. The stock has the normal scratches and dents and has a smoke pattern to it. The barrel is stamped 1942 but it has a hex receiver, which I believe was only made until about 1914. The bore is bright and shiny.

Can't wait to shoot this one. :ar15:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts