Perfect Union banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was at my gunshop picking up a new handgun when.. The guy next to me buys a few long guns I noticed one was a 91/30. I asked if they had any more on sale they had 3 left. I looked at all three, picked the one that looked the cleanest in the bore and had the best finish. Not knowing much about these rifles where is a good on-line source to find basic info on them? So far I know it was made in 1942. by the marking on the barrel, it has a triangle with a arrow on it.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
The 91/30's tend to shoot high. While you're checking out the board that I linked to, do a search for 91/30 shooting high, and you'll see a few threads full of tips, as to curing it.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I am still amazed at the deal that the 91/30's are. Think about it....a fairly high powered rifle, that is well built, sturdy, proven, a pretty good shooter, and with some cool history.....for around $100. You can't beat it.

...and for now, ammo is about $.25 a round. That's an entertainment value!:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up the one pictured above from a gunshop for $79.95. Came with the rifle, bayo, tool kit, oil can, sling, and ammo pouch. The ammo I didnt get to good a deal on? should have looked before I bought it from the shop. Picked up a spam can 440 rnds, russian, or bulgarian milsurp for $129! then got home and found it one line for almost half that. Oh well now I know.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I picked up the one pictured above from a gunshop for $79.95. Came with the rifle, bayo, tool kit, oil can, sling, and ammo pouch. The ammo I didnt get to good a deal on? should have looked before I bought it from the shop. Picked up a spam can 440 rnds, russian, or bulgarian milsurp for $129! then got home and found it one line for almost half that. Oh well now I know.
Don't feel too bad. I've read on other forums, that some sellers of 7.62x54R are running out, and say that the next shipment will probably go up to around $125 a can.

Besides, $.29 a round for high powered rifle ammo.....that ain't bad.:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do they make newer non corrosive stuff for the 91/30? Was looking on the web but all I keep finding is milsurplus stuff. thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts
Mine is identical, 99.95 at Big 5 with all the same accesories, goin shooting thursday, then Gundoc gets my Mini.

·
Registered
34,503 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts