Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had trouble with a TAPCO Gen II mag that I bought last year - it was too fat for my 582-series Tactical and functioned but fit poorly (too tight) in my 185-series Mini. I wrote the company and they told me that they were working on a solution - i.e., Gen III - and that they'd contact me for a swap when the were ready. Well, I got the below from their customer service just moments ago:

Mr. Carr,

We spoke in the past about your Mini-14 magazines and how they needed to be replaced. I told you that when we have the newest update to these mags finished, I would contact you and do the warranty exchange at that time. They are ready to go, so we can go ahead and replace them. We can either have you ship them back, or if you prefer, you can send me some photos of them destroyed, and we'll consider them "returned."

In either event, after receiving the magazines or photos of destroyed magazines, we'll go ahead and send you the replacements immediately. If you prefer to ship them back, let me know and I can arrange for them to be shipped on our account so that you'll drop them off at a Fedex location but will not have to pay for shipping.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll get this resolved immediately.

Thank you very much for your continued patience with us over the past several months.

Kevin Stender | Client Relations Supervisor
TAPCO
1325 Chastain Road, Suite 400, Kennesaw, GA 30144
(800) 554-1445 x134 | [email protected]

This is especially good news with hi-cap mags in such short supply these days! I'd pretty much given up any hope of getting a replacement as I just figured TAPCO would turn all their attention to pumping out as many AR mags as possible. Kudos to them for honoring their warranty! (And to Remington for letting TAPCO continue with their product line!)

I'll report on performance as soon as I receive my new mag.

· Registered
298 Posts
Very cool news. Hopefully, we'll see the new magazine's being offered for sale to the public sometime soon.

· Registered
298 Posts
Got the gen 3's on Friday. Haven't shot with them yet but these fit in much easier and manually cycling rounds they work just fine.
That is good news to hear! I was told by TAPCO by email that the magazine's will be avialable to the public in the next couple of weeks. Not too sure about that with the state of things right now. Will be keeping the fingers crossed though.

· Registered
298 Posts
PDXS3T,
It seems Tapco is offering the option of destroying the old mags instead of mailing them in.
Thanks...I should of been paying more attention. Destroy and show proof or send back.

Man, it would be hard to destory. I'd have to send back and let them do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.