Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy

I just discovered this web site-live in Ohio, used to live for 23 years in California loved the state,had some good friends,but the Government and Gun Laws as well as family problems caused me to leave.......lived in Florida for 4 years, Guns were a daily way of life in the Panhandle area,but the laws changed,and gun owners were being sued and sent to jail, for criminals stealing their guns

decided to move to Ohio, gun ownership here is almost considered a crime already,someday may move again,but it seems a hopeless fight one by one the antigunners are winning.

will try to visit every couple days or so....Have a great Christmas holiday..

·
Registered
32 Posts
http://www.ohioccw.org/

welcome to the forum.I'm also an ohio native,moving to colorado springs the first chance I get.if you care to get involved in ohio,check out the link above.I store my pistol with an old magazine filled with double loads,anyone stealing my gun will be minus a few limbs on his first shot.:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey that is 1 badassmagnum......great idea doubleloading,gets the bad guy but blows the hell out of ya gun..ha.ha. thats what insurance is for......
thanks for the web site.will check it out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome ICM

will try to get to the board every day,sometimes I can't.......
but will try none the less...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Cajungeo...
thanks for the welcome and the web page for states gun laws.

Always liked the Food in Lousiana,as well as the fishing...
but the LAW there scares the hell out of me when passing through, with out of state tags.....

I was at a rest stop in Texas once and also one on the other side of I -10 in Mississippi both places there were people warning drivers to take alternate routes to bypass Lousianna because of the Crooked cops that would pull out of state expensive cars over for a trumped up charge of ILLEGAL LANE CHANGE, put down a blanket and pull everything out of the car onto the blanket, and every single time at least one MARIJUANNA SEED would magically appear on the blanket......

The car would be confiscated sold at auction, and the money split between the Judge,arresting officer,and district attorney...

I believed it,and REALLY believed it when a few months later I saw the Exact same thing on 60 minutes, they set the Cops up with hidden cameras and microphones,was stopped for ILLEGAL LANE CHANGE, and they never changed lanes........

I was going to move to Lousianna at one time, and buy a crawfish business, but changed my mind real fast........

Only reason am still in Ohio a state That to me SUCKS big time,is my elderly mother is here and can't leave her at age 85 to try and survive here in a town with NO taxi's to get to the markets,etc.etc
and she will never leave this town.......

G

·
Howdy, and welcome to the forums.

I'm from Indiana, but don't even like to drive through Ohio thanks to the gun laws. I travel freely north and south, but east or west is into unfriendly territory.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
flyboy, its not like that down here. There may have been some small town somewhere with that racket goin on, but I've driven all over with outa state tags on when I moved here a few years ago, also at work many people have Texas tags, a few have calif. tags, only a few have gotten speeding tickets for driving 80 mph. Louisiana depends a lot on tourism. I shoot with a couple of sherrif deputies. They are the nicest guys you could shoot with. The people are very polite. It is law in school the kids have to answer the teachers as yes mam, yes sir.

The only unfriendly welcome I know of is, a few years ago the LA gangs sent some of their reps down hea to set up. The good ole boys (troopers, and sherrif) met them at the Texas border in force. The gang members were persuaded to go back the way they came and not EVER come back. There are no gangs here, and no grafiety, on any wall anywhere!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome Doc Wagon

sometimes I don't get to a computer for a couple days but will try to get to this site when ever possible....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the report Cajungeo.

the incident I was telling you about had to do ONLY with interstate 10 border areas of texas and mississippi... even the F.B.I said they could do nothing about it as it was legal????

My brother used to pilot a supply boat for the oil rigs off New Orleans area many years ago,think early 80's but he had a heart attack on the boat and had to chopper him out. he loved it there

I passed through Lousianna and ate near New Orleans and MAN love the food there...had to down several ant acids,but loved it
now days my stomach would not like me very much if I tried that again, but if ever am in the neighborhood,have to have some Etufee and BUDAN sausage,crawfish,and gumbo, TO HELL with it am comming down NOW am HUNGRY..........

Had a business in the Panhandle of Florida in 92-95 had two cajuns working for me a husband and wife called themselves and other cajuns **** ASS ..........

May consider moving that way again, always wanted to fish around them oilwells in the gulf and do some pig and deer hunting

Who knows might do so someday....

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
husband and wife called themselves and other cajuns **** ASS ..........
Yes they do, and are very proud. They speek a french dialect. I am not a true cajun, but only a transplant. My boss is half **** ass on his fathers side. His father, and another friend went to france. My bosses father spoke french, and his friend read french, so they went into a fancy restarunt. The one that could read looked at the menu and told the one that spoke french what to order. They were brought a large covered dish, when they took the lid off it was a large piece of bloody horsemeat. Musta lost something in translation:eek:

Here is a neat link for travel. Check out: http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts