Perfect Union banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a century AK-74 with the Tapco G2 trigger and nice tight magwell fit. Get to pick it up tomorrow. Cant wait. Thought i should buy one now before obama made it impossible. It have a muzzle brake but i may put one on it later.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, the trigger on this thing is smooth as silk. Something i would not have expected from an AK. It does have a tapco g2 trigger though. I hate to say it but the trigger on my Mini-14 is easily twice the pull.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hope you got a good one... The Century AK-74's have been key holing and Century is blaming ammo instead of refunding customers or fixing the problem. :angry:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe you may want to start with the 53gr. It was designed as the standard round for your rifle. Maybe buy 20 rounds of the 68gr to check it out but the 53gr FMJ is probably best for the gun itself.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ibought some bulgarian surplus rounds and i think they are 52 or 53 grain. Seem to be pretty accurate thus far.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Any updates on this? I'm considering getting one but have heard so many reports of the rifles keyholing that I'm a little leery. I was curious if the original poster has had a chance to sight it in yet.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have shot it and it seems to hit what i aim at but i have had no chance to put it on paper to see what it can do. The iron sights are pretty dang close that i cant tell much difference. i will probably put a red dot on it sometime, but it will be a few months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Century AK-74's that have been keyholing are the Tantals that they are selling. They are built from barreless Polish Tantal parts kits, and use a US made barrel. The problem is that the ID of the barrels that they are using is .224, where it should be .222. Essentially, it's a barrel made for 5.56/2.23 with the chamber cut for 5.45.

The WASR-2's however, do not have this problem. They are all Romanian, with the exception of compliance parts, and have the correct ID barrel.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im in love with it. paid 400 for it so i think i got a good buy. i like it better than an AR...just cant get the love for the AR-15. Too many tales of it not working.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just ordered a sightmark red dot(clonepoint) and a clamp on scope rail with a side rail for a light or laser or maybe ill put a scope on it, sounds like an interesting setup thought it would be off axis....just have to see how it all lines up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts