Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left rifle and ammo on back porch at -24 degrees last night .It warmed up to -8 before i got to test it and it works fine with the .045 bushing . Glad I don't have to mess with that now ,it sends cases about 12 feet now . If I can get that trigger down to a reasonable pull with out that gritty feeling I will be a happy camper . The scope could be a bit lower and make for faster use .Walkenbear is helping out and a bit of money for rings would be in the future .

· Formerly "raf"
4,263 Posts
Good on you for testing all components in the cold. It's nice to know instead of guessing, isn't it?

There are many vids on Youtube about lightly "refreshing" trigger. Should not be a significant hassle, and likely well worth the effort. Suggest removing the "grittiness" is far more important than lowering the weight of trigger pull. IN NO case reduce weight of pull below 4.5#, as doing so could cause inadvertent firing.

I would much rather have a clean, crisp 8# trigger in a field rifle than a gritty 5# trigger.

· Registered
59 Posts
Good on you for testing all components in the cold. It's nice to know instead of guessing, isn't it?

There are many vids on Youtube about lightly "refreshing" trigger. Should not be a significant hassle, and likely well worth the effort. Suggest removing the "grittiness" is far more important than lowering the weight of trigger pull. IN NO case reduce weight of pull below 4.5#, as doing so could cause inadvertent firing.

I would much rather have a clean, crisp 8# trigger in a field rifle than a gritty 5# trigger.
I have these in both of my Mini's!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts