Perfect Union banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently negotiating a trade and want to know if you all think it is a good deal.

I currently have a pre 1964 Winchester model 100 .308 in excellent condition with a cheap 3x9x40 mounted on it, and would be trading for a Mini 14 180 series.

From what I have read about the 180 series it is hit or miss... some love them some dont since Ruger stoped supporting them.

The Winchester 100 is worth about $400-$600 if I were to sell it on GunBroker.com...

The photos of the 180 series Mini 14 look good, but then again I would not even know what to look for other than wear and tear as I have never touched on before...

any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've never bought any used guns before. Not saying that I wont, but I've never seen one I wanted as of yet.

Do you have the pictures of the Mini? Could you download them to your computer and use the attachment tool in the "go advanced" reply to attach them here? That would help everyone being able to help you.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
As much as I love the Mini, I'd hold off.

While the 180s can be good shooters and I've rarely heard of a catastrophic failure on a Mini, I'd still shy away from a 180 unless it was a smokin' deal.

If you're wanting a Mini-14, I'd wait for a decent 187-up Ranch Rifle and trade.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
If you have a pre 64 WINCHESTER ANYTHING, do not trade it for a Mini 14. If the pre 64 is in bad shape maybe for the new 581 series. I see this as lose/lose for you. kwg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts