Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Beretta 92 Fanatic
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a gun brand you just hate? One you wouldn't take a gun from at all?

Some of the ones I commonly see so many complaints about on various forums include: Taurus, Kimber, Hi Point, SCCY and Kahr...

Do you absolutely hate one of these brands, or some other brand?

· Registered
8,794 Posts
may be a bitter pill for you but I detest Beretta for failing to make good the cracked frame on my .32.
also I dont' care for Glock or for that matter any striker fired handgun. there's been in past some vigorous discussions here concerning.

as an aside - where can primers be found???

· Registered
1,401 Posts
Wow, just looking at the brands named in the OP, all the obvious ones listed have never given me an issue. Never fired or owned an SCCY. But a friend had a Kahr that wouldn’t act right despite trips back to the company. I had expected more from them. So did he. He sold it, no way he could rely on it as a carry piece. Sad.
How about guns we would rely on. Glock, Ruger, Beretta, and actually my Taurus handguns…I would trust any of those in a life or death situation.

· Beretta 92 Fanatic
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
may be a bitter pill for you but I detest Beretta for failing to make good the cracked frame on my .32.
also I dont' care for Glock or for that matter any striker fired handgun. there's been in past some vigorous discussions here concerning.

as an aside - where can primers be found???
No, I am not a Taurus fan boy who cannot take anyone disparaging my favorite brand. I have said many times that at the present moment, Beretta customer service sucks. Ever since they moved to TN, things have been in the toilet.

And yea, the Tomcat - I don't understand how they continue to sell that one gun, with the known problems.

· Registered
8,794 Posts
The Tomcat has been replaced with the 'INOX' model.
Beretta did some of the cracked frame Tom Cats good, but stopped after maybe 3 years past last one was made.
mine hasn't cracked further but I practice with light handloads packed with cast slugs and Red Dot light charge.

· Registered
1 Posts
Standard Manufacturing
BBB rating of F

I thought the S333/Thunderstruck was an interesting gun. Thank god I researched. They had terrible barrel quality control issues. The company KNEW it had keyhole issues due to bad barrels. They blamed ammo. They then suggested using 22 mag "rat shot" for self defense. Then they said it was actually a feature.

I have never purchased one of their products, even though I think they have several cool designs because quick research will show they have terrible quality control and even worse customer service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts