Perfect Union banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
American realist
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
other than the price?? kinda strange for the website to list the same product with two different prices. i just kinda happened onto the lower price from another site & guess i "backdoored" it. i went ahead & ordered 1k, at the lower price of course ;) i figure if it doesnt shoot well in either of my rifles, i can sell it locally for enough to upgrade to something better.

Cabela's: Herter's .223 Remington Ammunition

Cabela's: HERTER'S .223 REM. AMMO/20

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It is increasingly common for large vendors to offer different prices through different portals. Airlines have been doing it for years. Lodging too. Haven't seen in ammo though. That's a little close to home. Sign of the times I suppose. Nice find.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Definitely no difference, they're exactly the same. I've been lucky enough to find the cheaper priced Hereter's at Cabelas a couple times.

I've had good luck with this ammo - I've fired 1,500+ rounds through both my Minis with only a couple of problems. Definitely worth the investment!

·
Registered
397 Posts
No difference, other than that the cheaper stuff was in stock,!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I avoid big box stores as much as possible.There are much better places out there not to mention better prices.Cabela's always plays with round count and is not always a good deal.

·
Pass the Sauurup
143 Posts
FYI "Herter's" Ammo is nothing more than re-packaged Tulammo. Same cheap stuff, different packing and price. The casings even say "Tulammo" around the rim.

Wally World still remains the cheapest ammo vendor in my book. I discovered American eagle 55gr FMJ .223 there for 6.79 a box. The stuff is some very high quality ammo, at least twice the report of PMC and a huge muzzle flash. At just shy of $7/box I'd say it's the best deal out there unless proven otherwise.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My local academy had some Monarch 55gr fmj for 6.99 / box. Shoots good in my rifle. I got all they had (480 rds). Not sure what was going on because a few boxes down the shelf there was the same stuff for a few bucks more. I even went and scanned them to make sure! Although the .223 stuff was pretty thinned out i found some in a hidden box!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
So is Herters... Tula or Wolf or are they about the same? Steel is steel?Never tried any Wolf.

·
American realist
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FYI "Herter's" Ammo is nothing more than re-packaged Tulammo. Same cheap stuff, different packing and price. The casings even say "Tulammo" around the rim.

Wally World still remains the cheapest ammo vendor in my book. I discovered American eagle 55gr FMJ .223 there for 6.79 a box. The stuff is some very high quality ammo, at least twice the report of PMC and a huge muzzle flash. At just shy of $7/box I'd say it's the best deal out there unless proven otherwise.
the AE at my walmart is now 10.97 per 20. the shelves are pretty well empty except for the high dollar match stuff & the oddball calibers.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
So is Herters... Tula or Wolf or are they about the same? Steel is steel?Never tried any Wolf.
Tula tends to load with less of a powder charge. This can cause problems if your chamber is not thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis. I have had problems with Tula.

I have put 10's of thousands of rounds of Wolf through several Mini-14's and Ranch Rifles over the years, and never had a problem with Wolf.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Makes sense bwraven thanks. I had problems with the Tula also but learned to clean the chamber and all is good now. Hard to resist buying and shooting some cheap stuff once in a while.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts