Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure how to start. The gas port is no problem. but I have to mill the barrel for the extractor. I can install the barrel. Then mark it. Remove the barrel to mill it. Or Mill it using a formum tool while it is in the receiver. Has anyone install a new SKS barrel. I am not going there, on how I spoiled my old barrel. This is my SG works bullpup project.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Love working on my guns. Answer my own question. The answer is. Installed the barrel To the receiver. Mark the barrel where the extractor will hit it. Take out the barrel mill it and reinstall it. Next comes the bluing of the receiver and barrel.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that I have the new barrel on headspace set correctly. I am bluing the receiver barrel again. The next question is. What flash /compensator should I put on it? The old flash suppressor was welded to the old barrel.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All is good now. The AR guys hate me at the Practical rifle competitions. Only need the reload dies from Midway. Can not wait to use it in Maui.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think that is the most bad a$$ tacti-cool SKS I ever seen... get a flash suppressor for it though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts