Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an IMBEL made L1A1 sporter, and I would like to make some upgrades; particularly the barrel and possibly a receiver cover with a scope mount. However, when it comes to this family of rifles, I dont know anything about parts availability or how interchangeable things are. If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Any suggestions are welcome whether it be specific parts or just where to find more info!

Thanks!

CJ

·
Registered
123 Posts
DSA will have new barrels soon for i think $250. There is a difference between the inch and metric kit barrels when it comes to front sights. They don't work well when mismatched with the rear from what i understand. Receiver covers with scope mounts aren't hard to come by. I have a B-Square but it is sitting on a shelf. I use a Trilux SUIT scope and it has its own mount. You really need to go to Falfiles.com to get good info on these rifles. They have an active forum. By the way, of the Century built FAL's, the Imbel receiver rifles are considered the most desireable. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
is there something wrong with the barrel? the early century rifles made with the british rifle parts kits were usually like new kits. ( i know there are some people that bad mouth the rifle, i think they are wanting to keep the prices down on them to buy them up for parts. the sum of the parts is worth more than the rifle). is the muzzle brake cut off? new threads can be added for it.
can you post a few pictures of it?

there are several very good scope mounts for them. i use a heavy scope mount on one of mine. it replaces the cover. keeps the scope low. i like that best.

good luck
ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.