Perfect Union banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GunBroker lists PLENTY of people selling ammunition right now. Just be sure to fully read each listing and understand what they are selling and what payments they'll accept.

I just bought 200 rounds myself.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Before the panic set in I got 500 rounds of Golden bear for $160 delivered. Now it looks like it is $300 or more. This is highway robbery.

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before the panic set in I got 500 rounds of Golden bear for $160 delivered. Now it looks like it is $300 or more. This is highway robbery.
It most definitely is. Shooting, however, is my only hobby... so I gave $185 for 200 rounds-_-

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yep, people are just nuts. For christmas I got my father a redding reloading turret and man am I glad I did!

Its hard to even find 223 dies right now. You want some small rifle primers or some powder...forget it. Im shocked just how thoroughly things have gotten cleaned out

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, people are just nuts. For christmas I got my father a redding reloading turret and man am I glad I did!

Its hard to even find 223 dies right now. You want some small rifle primers or some powder...forget it. Im shocked just how thoroughly things have gotten cleaned out
Yeah, I thought maybe I could bypass the ammo shortage by getting some reloading supplies... wrong.

·
Registered
169 Posts
where i am powder and primers aren't the problem w/ the exception of Varget but bullets are near impossible to find except for the 69 and 77gr match pills

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It most definitely is. Shooting, however, is my only hobby... so I gave $185 for 200 rounds-_-
Man, I feel for you guys. I'm still buying Tula 223 at Walmart for $4.97 a box. That's less than fifty bucks for 200 rounds. I'd suggest you drive up from NC USSF, but inventory is hit or miss. It pays to have and use the Walmart app. Tip of the day guys.

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, I feel for you guys. I'm still buying Tula 223 at Walmart for $4.97 a box. That's less than fifty bucks for 200 rounds. I'd suggest you drive up from NC USSF, but inventory is hit or miss. It pays to have and use the Walmart app. Tip of the day guys.
I'm in New Mexico.
I decided to try that Walmart app, but it's still too late. All stores are out of stock up to 3 hours away.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm not looking for ammo, I'm looking for non-price-gouged ammo. If you see any of that, please let us know.

I've got 1000 rounds of 7.62 for the '30, but I'd like a whole lot more- in the event than online ammo sales are banned, I won't have to worry about it- I'll still have "range ammo" AND "SHTF ammo."

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'm in New Mexico.
I decided to try that Walmart app, but it's still too late. All stores are out of stock up to 3 hours away.
I love New Mexico. Stick with it USSF; my Walmart app shows all seven of my "local" stores are out of stock right now. Monday morning may be different though. They typically stock at night, so check in the mornings and be ready to roll. Near as I can tell, it's the last bastion of cheap ammo (as long as you consider 25 cents a round cheap).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can you please expand in the Walmart app thing. What does it do to benefit the guys looking for ammo? Shows price and availability, etc. Screen shot would be helpful as to what you are looking at. Thanks.

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you please expand in the Walmart app thing. What does it do to benefit the guys looking for ammo? Shows price and availability, etc. Screen shot would be helpful as to what you are looking at. Thanks.
Give me a few minutes and I'll post a screenshot for you.

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1. Click the search box

2. Search for .223

3. Choose what brand you want

4. Click Check Availability

Let the bad news fill the screen!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow, thanks F06. I tried to get the app on my Ipad II but it said I needed i0S-5 on my iPad. Not sure if the wifey can fix this issued.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
1. Click the search box

2. Search for .223

3. Choose what brand you want

4. Click Check Availability

Let the bad news fill the screen!
Yeah, all the Walmarts in Northern Ca. are empty and the regional distribution center doesn't have any. Thats' not news to us. Sportsmans guide is taking backorders on ammo that in some cases is not expected to arrive until November. Get what you can where you can, or better yet load your own for half the price. (assuming reuse of your own or range pick up cases).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts