Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could only have one rifle for the rest of your days,what would it be.For hunting,home defence,target ,plinking,the whole 9 yards,what would it be.For me,it would have to be the M-14.It can do it all....WELL.Whats yours?:sniper:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by PSG1
If you could only have one rifle for the rest of your days,what would it be.For hunting,home defence,target ,plinking,the whole 9 yards,what would it be.For me,it would have to be the M-14.It can do it all....WELL.Whats yours?:sniper:
Colt MT6530

·
Registered
134 Posts
FAL, but I'm glad I don't have to have just one. When the wife asks why I want so many I tell her that guns are like golf clubs, they all serve a different purpose and you can't have just one.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Yea, I liked my M-14 I used in the USMC it would be hard to beat for the larger game, and longer range, and reliability, and accuracy.

I am moving this thread to the General Discussion, but leaving a redirect here for anyone interested in posting.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know its not an M14 but have to agree with some of the other posts and keep my M1A NM, but sure would hate to have to limit myself to one gun, thats like one peanut or one potato chip.:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thinking of all the things that could happen, normal life, hunting, survival, kevlar hided vermen, target shooting etc.. I think I'd have to go with a 30-30 Winchester or Marlin lever gun. A good combo, no mag to loose or depend on, good power, light weight.

·
Registered
630 Posts
My 16" bull barreled Olympic Arms AR 15 with my Weaver KT15 power scope....with lots of 20 rounds magazine and 223 ammo.
:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Like most everyone else, I sure would hate to limit it to one rifle.My choice would probably be either the M700 or early M70 Bolt action in 30-06. 30-06 because you can load it up or down to cover virtually anything and a bolt action for accuracy and reliability.

·
Registered
35 Posts
THo I do not own one, and thank good I dont have to only choose one rifle I think I would go with a Springfeild Mil-spec M1a. It got power, accuracy, detachable mags,Hunting ability, Protection ability. A SKS I think would be a second choice, No mags to worry about, Good power to drop deer. Just ranting.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put this in the mini-14 forum because more people read it and it WOULD recieve more hits.Also,because I knew many people would select the mini as their ONE rifle.:mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry guys,I'm partial to my AK-47-it has a 20" inch barrel,is fairly accurate and you can't beat the prices and availability of magazines for it.My AK actually looks more like a hunting rifle than an assault rifle.It does not have a pistol grip stock or a muzzle brake.

G

·
After much consideration, I'd like to have the SAW I carried in the Army. Accurate for at least 600m, which is well within the longest shot I'm likely to take, reliable, and...fully automatic. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think one of those M1A's in the scout configuration with the 18" barrel would be the one for me. The standard M1A is too long and too heavy (IMHO)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Actually,for my purposes,and what has been mentioned here by others,would be the M1A (M14 in semi). As previously stated,that fine rifle has inherent accuracy,reliability (coming from the M1 Garand's ancestry)adequate firepower with spare magazines,can be scoped and with the right mount,still use iron sights when necessary;can be loaded up or down for large game or small,medium or large varmints; and with a good scope and mount system will attain the range of all but the belted magnums; and from my experience,doesn't have to be tweaked for accuracy like the Mini-14; also with the fiberglass stock,can go out in all types of weather. So,that's my nickles worth.:2guns: BILL

·
Registered
72 Posts
would have to be a 30-06. since you said rifle.would still have the shotgun for home and small game.the 06 will cover most everything else.:2guns:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Too painful to think about!! ONLY ONE GUN? I shudder at the thought!!! It would be a 25-06 built on a Remington action. It would handle anything that I wanted to shoot from varmints to terrorists!!! GHD

·
Registered
24 Posts
Even when moving to a new state I had to take several.

Mini-14 (CQB), HK91 (long range battlerifle), 10/22 (small game/plinker)

If I could only take one I'd have to go w/ HK91 - with folding stock - scope site - laser it could do it all like an M14 but it fits me better.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts