Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been checking the web and all indications is that the Mini 14 is included without any specific reference to a specific variant. If you can believe it, it even includes the M1 Carbine. The question is what will Congress do or failing that what will the President attempt through further EXecutive Orders. Also, the wording leaves much to interpretation. It appears this is much more far reaching than the old AWB ban. Time will tell if enough of Congress caves in. Better be writing them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
They are trying to ban anything that is semi-automatic and uses a NATO round and then some.I have seen the MINI specifically called out.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Since it is intended to close all the loopholes of the 1994 ban, i would suspect it is. It would fall under the military or leo catch-all anyway, since it has been used by and is still offered to LE.

God Bless!

Ron

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
For years we have been told the Mini is not a "combat" grade weapon. I think it's in pretty good company right now. kwg

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Ruger makes banana mags for all mini's. The mini is as evil as the AR.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Step by step. Don't let a good crisis go to waste: Columbine, Virgina Tech, Aurora, Sandy Hook...Next.

Any government prefers an unarmed populace.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
It was on the original 1994 AWB list (and California's) but was dropped in committee when Bill Ruger agreed to stop selling high cap mags to the civilian market. Some of the "Tactical" mini's are banned by features (Bayo lug, flash hider, folding stock, pistol grip) which the Ca. ban still retains.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I read in an article (and can't find it now) that "one model of the Mini-14" would be specifically listed in the AWB.

My guess is that it would either be the old (metal) side-folders or the new ATI side-folders. At least they look the most EVIL to me . . . that's why I bought an ATI (model 5846) two days before the election!

·
Registered
86 Posts
under NY's new laws, the mini is not called out by name. However, only the wood stock model with 5 round mag would avoid being labeled an assault weapon, requiring registration. It only takes 1 feature from the feature list for it to be considered an assault weapon. My mini will be ok, if i take off the AFG, and cut the brake off my Mo-Reaper. It seams so silly.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It was on the original 1994 AWB list (and California's) but was dropped in committee when Bill Ruger agreed to stop selling high cap mags to the civilian market. Some of the "Tactical" mini's are banned by features (Bayo lug, flash hider, folding stock, pistol grip) which the Ca. ban still retains.
I miss Bill, if he is still around our little rifles could be saved....:(

:wacko:

·
Registered
204 Posts
under NY's new laws, the mini is not called out by name. However, only the wood stock model with 5 round mag would avoid being labeled an assault weapon, requiring registration. It only takes 1 feature from the feature list for it to be considered an assault weapon. My mini will be ok, if i take off the AFG, and cut the brake off my Mo-Reaper. It seams so silly.
Correct. The NY website actually does specifically name the Ruger Mini-14 as not being included in the ban (go to the end):
http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/d...riflesthatareNOTclassifiedasassaultrifles.pdf

However if you have any of the evil features it would be:
http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/documents/RiflesBannedFeatures.pdf

In NY, if you have a rifle that isn't specifically listed as banned, you can remove any evil parts and not have to register it. Man I am glad I waited on getting my barrel cut and threaded for a brake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Mini-30 is consider a variant of the Mini-14 so they will go down together. I havent seen it listed on Feinsteins's bill, but as Old Navy said the M1 is. Also the bill states that once passed the Attorney General has the power to add to the list without any further Congressional action. Mr and Mrs America get ready to turn them in.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
The Mini-30 is consider a variant of the Mini-14 so they will go down together. I havent seen it listed on Feinsteins's bill, but as Old Navy said the M1 is. Also the bill states that once passed the Attorney General has the power to add to the list without any further Congressional action. Mr and Mrs America get ready to turn them in.
Thats not necessarily true. Here in CA our courts struck down banning by "series" such as AK and AR and can only ban specific models or features that logic could be applied the mini too. There could be hope

1 - 20 of 85 Posts