Perfect Union banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my guilty pleasures is the FX show Justified. On last nights episode there was a sniper with a gun that looks like a Mini 14/30 but I'm not sure. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Looks like a Mini 14, the mag is too small for it to be a M1A. The M1A/M14 had straight body mags, same reason that it is not a Mini 30 the curve on the mag is not enough for the 7.62X39.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Nope, that's a Mini-14 (non-Ranch Rifle). You can tell it's not an M1A by the "squared off" trigger guard and the handguard that covers the op-rod.

It's got the standard-style rear sight and a side-saddle scope mount with some cheap (Tasco?) scope. Looks like an old-school camo synthetic stock, too...

·
Registered
663 Posts
I was gonna say... That's not the right handgaurd for the M1A at all.

Love it when the Mini is shown a bit of love!

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
A sniper eh? not with that cheap mount and pencil barrel. He'd be lucky to get a head shot at 50 yards!
Not really. The mini is more than capable out to 300yrds or more depending on shooter skill level. Its deadly for the first few shots and even more if you have a strut. Even after it heats up the shots are still within 2-3'' especially with a good scope. It would be a mistake to underestimate a good shooter and a good mini-14.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you think you cant hit nothing with the thin barrel mini . Dance around in front of mine. You fire off a mag full and get her hot then thats another story. I take time and one shot at a time I can hit any thing I want at 100 to 200 yards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whoa there fellas! Cheap Ncstar mount, probably a 50$ Walmart special scope, likely no strut, probably an old pencil barrel or he would have a better mounting option... All these factors would lead me to the conclusion that his accuracy will suffer. I love my mini, I'm not trolling on here, but you can't argue with the facts and likelihood of inaccuracy with this rifle, and probably the shooter too.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Whoa there fellas! Cheap Ncstar mount, probably a 50$ Walmart special scope, likely no strut, probably an old pencil barrel or he would have a better mounting option... All these factors would lead me to the conclusion that his accuracy will suffer. I love my mini, I'm not trolling on here, but you can't argue with the facts and likelihood of inaccuracy with this rifle, and probably the shooter too.
Welcome to Hollywood!

Where the Mini-14 is a bona fide sniper rifle in its natural state. Hell, look at George Clooney in The American. A break-down Mini-14, with a side-saddle scope mount and integral suppressor as a perfectly silent 300+ yard tack driver? NFW!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.