Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote my representatives like I asked all of you to do several times now via this link below and got back a few responses best so far is this letter from my Sen.

Dear *******:

Thank you for contacting me about the recent heartbreaking tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this horrendous attack on our children, and I remain honored to represent you in Congress.

On December 14, 2012 a deranged young man attacked the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut, brutally murdering 20 first graders and 6 adults. This unspeakable attack shook the town of Newtown to its core and forced many of us to question how anyone could be so evil as to murder children.

In the wake of this shooting there are no easy answers. I have heard suggestions for limiting 2nd Amendment rights to increasing resources for mental health issues to putting armed school resource officers in every school. I oppose limiting gun rights, however I do believe that there is merit in the other two suggestions, although these solutions may be better implemented at the state or local level than at the federal level. School resources and needs are no doubt very different in a small Tennessee town than in New York City or in rural Alaska.

This horrific act leads me to hug my children a little bit tighter, but ultimately the search for answers to this shooting yields few clues. We know little about the shooter and what could have driven him to kill.

I urge you to join me in keeping the victims and their families in your prayers in the wake of this horrible crime. Thank you again for your concern and please do not hesitate to let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Sincerely,

Chuck Fleischmann
Member of Congress

;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have wrote with this link, please sign this thread so we may gauge just how useful it has become! Thank you all for your time! . We must keep fighting!!!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Used it. Received form letters from my Senator and Rep., promising to get back to me in a "reasonable" amount of time...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just sent my two Senators (Levin and Stabenow) letters. Both staunch democrats, though, so we'll see if I get any kind of response.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Just sent it. While I earnestly hope it helps, my faith in our system of government has been rocked to the point where I am quite skeptical. Keep you powder dry, men.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Just sent it. While I earnestly hope it helps, my faith in our system of government has been rocked to the point where I am quite skeptical. Keep you powder dry, men.

I know where my congressmen stand, so I'm not all that worried about them voting for it. It's all the other "public servants" I worry about.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Heh..

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is almost verbatim the response I received from my Iowa congressman. What that response has to do with "no new gun laws" or protect the 2nd amendment is beyond me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just sent it out today, since the congressional districts are now squared away.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got a alot better response here in Georgia.

January 4, 2013
Mr. Jack
Dear Mr. xxxxx,
Thank you for contacting me regarding Second Amendment rights and gun laws in this country. I sincerely appreciate the benefit of your views.

When our Founding Fathers adopted the Bill of Rights, they specifically included a right for individuals to keep and bear arms. They wisely knew that if the people were armed, there would always be a built-in protection against criminal activity and tyranny. As an avid supporter of the Second Amendment and a gun owner I have consistently fought to protect the right to keep and bear arms.

While many call for more gun laws, we need to enforce the laws that are already on the books. The true solution to gun violence is not creating more laws, but rather in something Congress can't do-changing the basic values people cherish. The solution to violence lies in our homes, schools, and places of worship as people learn the value of the lives of others. We can all work toward addressing those basic attitudes.

Along these same lines, it is important to protect firearm manufacturers from groups that try to shut them down through legal means. Gun makers, just like manufacturers of kitchen knives, make a product, and should not be held liable when that product is used in criminal activity. People make decisions to misuse products-the product itself does not cause the crime.

Hearing from my constituents allows me to better understand your perspective, and how they impact the future of Georgia and the nation. As your representative in Congress, I will continue to take your views into consideration as legislation moves through the process for votes. Thanks again for letting me know your thoughts. For additional information regarding current legislation and my representation of the Third District, I invite you to visit my website at Congressman Lynn Westmoreland, and to receive my monthly newsletter, you can sign up on my website at Congressman Lynn Westmoreland.

Sincerely,
Lynn A Westmoreland
Member of Congress

·
Registered
213 Posts
I wrote my representatives like I asked all of you to do several times now via this link below and got back a few responses best so far is this letter from my Sen.

Dear *******:

Thank you for contacting me about the recent heartbreaking tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this horrendous attack on our children, and I remain honored to represent you in Congress.

On December 14, 2012 a deranged young man attacked the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut, brutally murdering 20 first graders and 6 adults. This unspeakable attack shook the town of Newtown to its core and forced many of us to question how anyone could be so evil as to murder children.

In the wake of this shooting there are no easy answers. I have heard suggestions for limiting 2nd Amendment rights to increasing resources for mental health issues to putting armed school resource officers in every school. I oppose limiting gun rights, however I do believe that there is merit in the other two suggestions, although these solutions may be better implemented at the state or local level than at the federal level. School resources and needs are no doubt very different in a small Tennessee town than in New York City or in rural Alaska.

This horrific act leads me to hug my children a little bit tighter, but ultimately the search for answers to this shooting yields few clues. We know little about the shooter and what could have driven him to kill.

I urge you to join me in keeping the victims and their families in your prayers in the wake of this horrible crime. Thank you again for your concern and please do not hesitate to let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Sincerely,

Chuck Fleischmann
Member of Congress

;)
WOW, I need to find mine I got, it is almost word for word the same and from here in MO.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I sent a letter in to a few people but one, in particular, stands out. My Representative is Louie Gomert. I just got a telephone call from one of his aids to discuss my letter and he thanked me for all the information I had included in it. Either that or he was a spy for some "agency" and they are coming to get me, LOL.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My reps is Boehner. And my state rep is Republican. I wrote both. The State Rep replied telling me he's staunchly 2nd amendment. We have a few dems trying to push back the CCW and force trigger locks on guns at home here in Ohio.

Got an email from Senator Portmann this evening. He's against the ban.

The other Ohio Senator is Sherrod Brown as liberal as they come. I think he's left of Obama. I emailed him anyway. Have heard nothing back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Done

Sent mine, hope it helps but my faith is wavering more and more everyday.

Just got this form response:

Thank you for your e-mail. Each and every piece of correspondence I receive is important because it allows me to better understand the New Yorkers I serve in the United States Senate.

As you can imagine, my office receives a great number of messages every day regarding a variety of issues - this is particularly true of e-mails. It makes me proud to know that my constituents take an active role in our government by corresponding with me, and I look forward to responding to your concerns in greater detail. In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that your e-mail has been received, and to ask for your patience until I send you a more detailed response.

Again, thank you for writing. Please feel free to visit my website http://schumer.senate.gov to follow my work in the Senate and to learn more about the services my office can provide to you.

Warmest regards

1 - 20 of 25 Posts