Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I thought they would have to be piles of them around, I hear so many comments about the ugliness of them. I have always liked them and would not think of replacing the one on my ssr. I guess I will try to find an A1 style sized for my application. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Lemme guess... Ruger won't send you one? I gotta say, while I love my Rugers, the company has some quirks (proprietary scope mounts, won't sell firing pins, some mags won't feed steel ammo, super long trigger pulls on lcp and lc9, etc) that REALLY annoy me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The LC9 does have a long pull! Like my old cowboy cap pistols from way back. But, it is reliable and accurate, just like my cap guns, hit every time!

This is not for a Ruger, it's going on a Savage, I wil probably have to get a Vortex or something similar. I just know there is a huge pile of them someplace! Ow well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Are you looking specifically for a flash hider, or a muzzle brake? Good Irons makes some really nice stuff.... I was thinking of replacing my flash hider with a Good Irons muzzle brake.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flash hider. .308 winchester recoil is pretty manageable. Going to go on a 16" barrel so I would like to tame the muzzle blast. I think a brake would make it not fun to shoot

·
Registered
74 Posts
The mini 30 is 7.62x39. The 308 is 7.62x51. They are both 30 caliber but there is a bit of a difference. A muzzle brake will IMHO improve the shootability of your rifle. What a brake does that a flash hider does not do is to help lessen the muzzle rise and the felt recoil which helps you to get back on target for those quick follow up shots. It will actually make your rifle funner (if that's a word) to shoot! Just one guys opinion.

Reactions: Marlin 45 carbine

·
Mountain Boy
22 Posts
Flash hider. .308 winchester recoil is pretty manageable. Going to go on a 16" barrel so I would like to tame the muzzle blast. I think a brake would make it not fun to shoot
Want a flash suppressor for my 308 hawkeye compact with the 16.5" barrel, but the OD at the muzzle is too small (0.55") for a 5/8 thread, any ideas?

Got the YHM Phantom 5C1 for the 581 Mini and I'm excited to have my barrel cut/crowned/threaded but waiting for some extra $$$. Accuracy Systems in Byers, CO quoted me $299 with a turn-around of 2 weeks. Gun Doc is cheaper but I may be without my rifle for more than a month if I send it to Montana. As my buddy David would say, I have a First World problem...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.