Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on a custom butt plate for a while for a few of my Rugers like the mini 14 and 30, as well as the PCC 9 and ranch American. It's really handy because it slides on and off thanks to my modifications and you don't need to unscrew anything.
I want to know if any owners of the mentioned rifles with factory synthetic stocks would be interested in giving feedback? I will send one to each of the first 3 responders if there is any interest in this side project.

I will PM the first three to comment my email...hammer out details there.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful idea, but what does the sliding off butt plate reveal? Were there a space in the stock like the M1A for things like a parts kit or oiler, that would be great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The synthetic stock does have a space, not much but some! The American has more. Do not own a M1a so can not compare. You can put together a cleaning kit and spare parts to fit in there. Here is a pic of my mini with the custom plate made from Trex decking material. Very durable and light (3 oz)!
Would you be interested in it? That is, if you have a synthetic stock for either the American, the Mini 14 or 30, or the PCC 9. PM me if you have more questions.
mini_buttoff.JPG

·
Registered
138 Posts
HOGUE STOCK
TAKE OUT BUTT PAD BOTTOM SCREW
LOSEN TOP SCREW SO BUTT PAD ROTATES TO OPEN
STORE YER STUFF
ROTATE BACK
COVER WITH ...LimbSaver Airtech Slip-On Recoil Pad, Black

SAME WITH A WOOD STOCK EXCEPT USE A PADDLE BIT TO HOLLOW OUT THE BUTTSTOCK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
HOGUE STOCK
TAKE OUT BUTT PAD BOTTOM SCREW
LOSEN TOP SCREW SO BUTT PAD ROTATES TO OPEN
STORE YER STUFF
ROTATE BACK
COVER WITH ...LimbSaver Airtech Slip-On Recoil Pad, Black

SAME WITH A WOOD STOCK EXCEPT USE A PADDLE BIT TO HOLLOW OUT THE BUTTSTOCK
Some people would like to reduce the length of pull, not add to it. And who needs a limb saver for a x39 or a 5.56 anyway. I know where you are coming from though (believe it or not I have thought about that). But this reduces the length and does not require tools, not for all I will agree. Seems like you dont need a butt plate if you have a slip on limb saver unless you need the extra 3/4" plus the limb saver, totaling 1 1/4" length of pull. Also this is not rubber, which often has too much friction. I'll offer to make you one for your Hogue stock, if you want, free of any cost to you, but I will need an outside tracing of your butt stock and the centers of your screw holes. PM me if you want one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts