Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,312 Posts
I feel for you. We in Central New York gets lot of snow too. Some years more than others and this year has been a light year for snow. Yesterday I got to snow blow again that really heavy stuff that makes me dream of a 100 horsepower snowblower. The stupid thing clogged up again and again from that packy stuff. We are due some lake effect today, but the bands that supply the snow can move north or south quickly so we may get a bunch or nothing at all. The good thing is that spring is on the way. I have been already planning to get the snow tires off the cars and the motorcycle started. The loads of fresh ammo for a new season has been mostly accomplished over the winter months. We like the wood chucks are ready to come out.

Speaking of wood chucks, I saw one last Friday outside the break room at work.

· Registered
36,430 Posts
Coldest I've ever been was near Mt Washington - and I think it was July. :lol:

The wind on a trail that roughly followed a mountain spine just didn't let up, and it was COLD! :eek:

A day or two later I saw the densest fog I've ever witnessed. And it actually had a boundary, where one second you'd see someone and the next they'd disappear. Interesting weather in that part of the country. :cool:

During a wild April storm in 1934, a wind gust of 231 miles per hour (372 kilometers per hour) pushed across the summit of Mount Washington. This wind speed still stands as the all-time surface wind speed observed by man record.
Mount Washington Observatory (MWOBS) - The Story of the World Record Wind

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.