Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought my Mini 14 a month or so ago and like everything else i have i cant leave it alone. Bought as a Ranch model seen here

Well as always i cant leave well enough alone, so i bought a ATI stock. Nothing special since almost everybody has one. Got some 30rd Mags also.

I will get some better pics next time. I promise that!!

Anyways, i also am waiting on a Blackhawk single point sling and Elusive Wildlife GREEN Kill Light XLR250 to arrive. They should be here any day now!!!
I also ordered more stuff today. ATI aluminum 2" rails for side of stock, Yankee Hill 7" universal rail for the bottom, and a Magpul AFG2. A couple weeks ago a guy at work gave me 3 20rd Mags, cheap stuff but hey they were free!!!
I am planning on going sightless and just using optics. I would like to get the barrel threaded (1/2-28) for use with any attachment!!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
If those 20's are factory they aint cheap! That'd be $90 in mags!

Even if they are aftermarket they are still between $40-$60.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are just some cheap national mags.

Got a few more pics today with both 20 and 30 rd mags.

Cant wait for the other accessories to arrive!!!!!

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Nice looking set up!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A package came in early!!!!

Two 2" ATI aluminum rails for sides, One 7" Yankee Hill aluminum rail for the bottom, and Magpul AFG2.
I decided to leave the top rail alone because i plan to change the hand guard.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive got to cut a shim to put under the bottom rail where the factory 2" rail mounted. There was a 3/32 gap that i attempted to pull together, from the screw forward to the gas block it closed up but not behind the screw much. So ill just cut a shim and and bolt it in like the factory rail and thread it for the screws that came with the yankee hill rail.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got the light in!!!!!!
The light wont stay on the rifle all the time, just when we go hog/varmit/coyote hunting. The last pic is a yard sign for our church and im roughly 100 yards from it. Theres much more light but the camera didnt pick it up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Made another order also!!! Stupid mod bug.....

All from Brownells:
Amega scout rail, Burris Fastfire 3, Hoppes bore snake, JB bore compound, triangle ceramic stone, and trigger pull guage.

·
Registered
650 Posts
You have it bad...lol. My Ati is not due until Christmas, but i have been looking for the best sling. I have the rest of what i need from other uses. Slings don't swap around as nicely as other accessories.

God Bless!

Ron

·
Registered
35 Posts
. . . I decided to leave the top rail alone because i plan to change the hand guard.

What alternate handguards fit the ATI side-folder?

I'd like one with maxmum ventilation and no picatinny rails . . . .

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well didnt think much about it but with everything that came with this light and i bought the 30mm rail mount extra. I have the picatinny rail mount that i bought extra, barrel mount that also can be used as a picatinny rail mount if seperated, and a scope mount.
So with all the other lights i have laying around, i can mount up 3 lights on 3 different guns at once, and can swap around as much as needed with the rail mounted lights and the scope mounted light could also swap if i wanted to. But the best part is that i can light 3 guns at once.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks good, and good price, but

do you know for certain it will hide/cover the ATI's handguard mounting nuts?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What the 3 brass inserts for the little screws?? Im not 100% certain, but i would have to believe so since everything else fits from a factory perspective. The Amega, Ultimak, Aimtech all fit the same wether on a ATI stock or Factory stock. So all the handguards should fit the same.

·
Registered
182 Posts
regency - how heavy is your new light?

Congrats on all your new toys on the way! I'd like to mount an Amega rail on my Tactical sometime soon.

·
Registered
650 Posts
somebody on here has the procedure for modifying th stock to accept the choate handguard. There are two ways, modify the stock to remove the lip and some of rhe brass, or cut a groove in the handgaurd. This is what I read....if it is accurate, i personally would modify a 13 dollar gaurd and leave the stock alone, but i think he chose the other way and gave pretty good details on how to do it. I saw a pic of it and it looked fantastic on there. I don't remember his name...sorry.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts