Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AND IT FELT GOOOOOD!
A blued standard to compement my stainless ranch.
Pick up date is 4/26.
:) :D :cool: :ar15: :usa: :beer: :beer: :D :D

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Wow, a 2 mini family! Ya gonna fix it different with some neat stuff?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slight change of plan -
I gonna take the blue standard and dude up with a .750 barrel at 16.5 inches for my Kalifornia AR
and the stainlessRanch will eventually be a 20 or 22" rebarrel for long range varmintin. As cash is now short, that will have to wait till next year.
Those guys in Colordo the Bill W. is sending his rifle to have a trick top part of a gas block that is a scout rail. I'm sold...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
That picture you have is of the Ranch Products mount. I have one that was mounted on a GB. Best mount out there for a scout type set up. Only problem is if you want to mount a Holsight or similar type sight that needs a MILSPEC rail, as the rail is slightly wider and a different shape ( I had to modify mine with a dremel). It's great for rings and a scope though straight out of the box.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey AJY -
Are the iron sigts still usable with this set up?
Is it a clear shot at the front sight or is it just a peak?
:beer:

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can still see the front sight (most of it anyway), but it takes a little longer to pick it up. Also if you have a GB with the winged front sight you have to make sure you're looking at the front blade and not one of the side wings. I currently have an Aimtech Scout Rail on mine, and its the same deal, you're looking at the front sight through a tunnel. I painted my front sight blade with flourescent red paint to make it easier to pick up-it helps alot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts