Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I'm not a very respectable person. I use bad language, have long hair, live in a trailor park, and everyone's offended by the name of my company.

The ATF told me that they wanted me to change my company name, and I refused. They realized there was nothing they could do about it, so they threatened me with surprise inspections and so forth. I told them I had nothing to hide and they could stop by anytime. I can't help but wonder what kind of bull-sh*t violations they'll make up the next time they drop in.

I submitted my website to the links section of a certain website, only to have it removed shortly thereafter. I beleive I know why this happened, but will not mention my thoughts here on the risk of becoming even more unpopular.

There's just no room in the world for guys like me who aren't afraid to be who they are.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just watch how you hold your lips when they give you a honorary visit.
Just think of it as fishing for a good clean bill of conduct! Just like a slow day on the lake! :D

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
Vigilante-

I removed the link, a day or so after I approved it.

My mistake, no pressure from others.

I need to revise my rules. I am only going to post links to vendors that ~I~ have had personal experience with.

No harm intended, and I should have told you why I removed it. You'll notice that there aren't any others up there that I'm giving different treatment to.

My issue isn't with you, or your site. Your interest in firearms parallels mine in some respects. Many people will assume that a link on this site is recommended by the webmaster (me), so I am not going to post random links to vendors.

It is still OK to sumbit links, but I won't be recommending vendors unless I have personal experience with that vendor.

G

·
Is there a forum rule against you putting a link to your site in your signature? I tried to find your address with a google search, but didn't come up with anything.

You might also want to ask anyone you know who has a personal web site to put a link to yours with your company name for the link title. Just a few will get you on Google if someone searches "Vigilante Firearms" but it would take a lot for your page to come up if you search without the quotation marks. Too many news sites with stories with both words in them.

Seems like the ATF would have more important things to worry about.

By the way, I've kept my hair short since my Army days, except up front were I don't have much left. I live in a slightly ramshackle wooden sided house with a metal roof that I built with my Grandpa, and then inherited upon his death. It's in the exact middle of nowhere on a deadend road, and I can't think of any reason I'd ever leave. My language varies on my mood. Respect me or not, I don't really care. Just leave me in peace, and you can think as you will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.