Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other site where we meet and talk is obviously down!! (10:16PM est. 3/28/02) I just made a reply to a post here, hit the back button and ended up over there!!! It was still down though!! Anyway, a little friend of mine (17yrs old) called to tell me he made a confirmed kill measured with the rangefinder, at 348yds on a groundhog with his 17 REM!! I was as excited as he was! I'll have a hunting buddy from now on since he's found out how much fun it is!! The only thing about it is I'll have to outshoot him with one of the xp's!!! I'm up for the challenge!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dang!!! Almost 350 yards with a .17!!! That IS impressive! I am just now reading the blurb in the American Rifleman on the .17 Hornady Rimfire, and it sounds like a real bell-ringer! Eager to see these beasties with my own two eyes.:confused:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.250Savage, His shot was with a 17REMINGTON!! A little different beast than the 17HRM. I'm so anxious to have the little gun it's not funny!! I already have the loaded rounds, cleaning utensils and shooting ability, I just need my dern rifle to get here!!! That kid who made the shot was with me when I killed a groundhog at 278yds with the xp. He about wet his pants!! He said "You can't do that with a pistol." I said you can do anything that you and your machinery are capable of!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sure, GHD, got that. Of the two, I would VASTLY prefer the .17 Rem, as I am a reloader from way back. Just mentioned the .17 Hornady rimfire because I am really impressed with the ballistics it has, or at least it is REPORTED to have!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work for a company that is in Jersey Shore, PA. It's about 14 miles south of Williamsport on US 220. I come up I-81 to Harrisburg and then take 15 up to Williamsport. I usually go up there about 6 times a year. I always have a shooter with me!! Give me a note and let me know if you're close to where I travel. GHD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts