Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could a howa 1500 accept a AICS 10 round magazine extension kit made for a remington 700?

What about remington 700 stocks?

I really want to buy a howa barreled action, I feel like they are a great value for the money, but I am unsure of what my options will be aftermarket. I always hear the remingtons and howas have a lot of interchangable parts, so I was hoping these would work since the howas have limited aftermarket support.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The Howas and the Vanguards share some parts but the only parts from the Rem 700 that are common are the scope bases. But they are still a very solid, accurate rifle. One of the best for the cost, IMO. The new Vanguards will be available in the spring and they all carry a sub-moa guarantee now.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Here's a link to a custom bottom metal for a Howa 1500, CDI Precision Gunworks : Custom Metal Fabrication, a bit pricy for me but you get what ya pays for so I'm told. I'm looking at moding the stock Howa bottom metal to use an M14 style .308 magazine....... time will tell

Check Midway and just run a search for "Howa 1500" there are lots of stocks and other aftermarket parts for em. I picked mine up localy on sale for $299. Do a quick trigger job and it's right nice for out the box !!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a link to a custom bottom metal for a Howa 1500, CDI Precision Gunworks : Custom Metal Fabrication, a bit pricy for me but you get what ya pays for so I'm told. I'm looking at moding the stock Howa bottom metal to use an M14 style .308 magazine....... time will tell

Check Midway and just run a search for "Howa 1500" there are lots of stocks and other aftermarket parts for em. I picked mine up localy on sale for $299. Do a quick trigger job and it's right nice for out the box !!!!
THanks for the tip there, let me know how that M14 mag conversion goes.

My plan here is to make something similar to the new ruger scout rifle for considerably less than the $975 MSRP it carries. Basicially, it has to be .308 bolt action, I dont care if the scope is mounted rear or front, I would like it to have iron sights, and 10 rd capacity via detachable mag or internal mag.

So far a howa ranchland compact seemed like the best starting point... But at $280 for 10rd capacity and $400ish for the rifle I'm getting close before I even talk about buying iron sights, scope, cutting to scout length and adding a flash hider... Might save more by buying the ruger!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Sometimes going with the factory specialty guns is the most cost effective way. Unless like myself you just like haveing something I made with my own hands....... DIY fever!!!!

I've been looking at the M14 mag today as a matter of fact, it's so close it's scarey ............. more later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts