Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to disassemble the bolt so that I can remove the extractor? Ruger is sending me a new extractor due to the fact that my new Mini-14 is failing to extract.

Thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is your Mini not under warranty? I'm surprised Ruger didn't require you to send it back to them to have the extractor replaced. I'd not think it was considered a "owners maintenance item"?

So you returned all the ProMags, eh? Do you think the problems with the rifle itself might have exacerbated the mag problems? What plans do you have now for 10 round mags?

I think I saw some maintenance manuals at either GunParts or Brownells (spelling?). You might check them out. I also suspect someone on this forum will help eventually.........

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DKRichards, I am actually going to send the mini with the extraction problem back to Ruger today. You may want to look at my post on the Promag test II. I took my good mini out the next day. Out of 10 mags, I only had one with a problem. The front of the magazine follower was binding on the side. Last night, I took an exacto knife an trimmed it. It is as smooth as the others. I have decided to keep them as a result.

In summary, with my good mini, I fired 10 rounds through 9 mags with no problems. One mag had a failure to feed the last round. I think I have fixed the problem on this one. The follower was binding.

I will need to take all 10 out again before I am completely confident. I feel pretty good about the 9 that work.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glad to hear the mags have eventually turned out okay. I guess I'd not read all your posts on the tests. I saw something that said the magazines were going back.

I am still wanting to get mine from 44mag.dom. I had difficulty getting PayPal to work, so sent Mark a check instead, but it's not arrived their yet (from Memphis to Oregon). Hopefully he will get the check today or tomorrow and send me the 3 Promags I ordered.

BTW, how much do the 10 rounders extend from the bottom of the rifle? Aboug 1.5 inches is my guess.

-Doug

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DKRichards, it is about an 1-1.5". Let me know how yours work out. I am actually going back out to test the four mags I modified on Thursday.

Dave

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by Dave3006
DKRichards, it is about an 1-1.5". Let me know how yours work out. I am actually going back out to test the four mags I modified on Thursday.

Dave
I'll have to save the posts that say how you modified yours......although I hope I don't have to!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts