Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am thinking that I would like to buy and mount an A1 Optic Halo Red Dot Reflex sight on my 1 year old Mini-14 .223 Tactical rifle. It says that it mounts to a 7/8" Weaver style rail or mount. I'm not sure what that is and how it would mount on my gun. I have a lot of guns but don't deal much with scopes....so I am just dumb about this. Any help would be appreciated !!! Thanks ahead of time !!!!!

Pumpdaddy

·
Registered
53 Posts
it depends where you want to mount it. over the receiver, do a forum search for 'mini 14 weaver rails' that should bring up some good answers. if you want it mounted over the barrel, search the forum for 'mini 14 scout rails'. there is TONS of good reading ahead of you. Welcome to the PU!

·
Super Awesome Member
323 Posts
Lots of people make weaver mounts that fit on the ruger scope mounts. 7/8 inch weaver is almost identical to picatinny. The biggest difference is the size of the slots cut across the mount. As a general rule weaver will fit on picatinny but not the other way around (because picatinny cross bars are too big to fit in a weaver slot). If you want to mount it over the barrel, amega range makes a weaver scout mount. Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies but, I NEED MORE HELP !!!! I did a search but didn't really get much from there. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that have mounted a red dot on a mini-14. I need specifics !!!!

Pumpdaddy

·
Registered
53 Posts
okay. for over the reciever, there's this: Weigand 1-Piece Picatinny-Style Scope Base Ruger Mini-14, Mini-30, PC-9, PC-40, Deerfield with Integral Mounts Matte - MidwayUSA

for the scout mount (which i would recommend over mounting on the receiver) there's this:
Amega Mounts Home page
or this,
AK-47 Accessories, AK-47 Mini-14, Mini-30, M1 .30 Carbine Scout Scope Mount from UltiMAK

happy hunting!

note: i haven't used any of these products, but have read much about all of them on this forum and others. (my mini is an early 181, and i want to keep it pure ;))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts