Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. Lets hear your ideas about how Ruger could improve the mini 14/30 as it comes from the factory.

Here are a couple of my ideas: 1) replace the lousy rear sight of the ranch model with something better 2) offer a heavy match grade barrel 3) use a smaller gas port to stop bashing the scope you install on it.

Maybe we can compile our ideas and petition Ruger about this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Judging from my accurization experience as posted in "Mini-14 accurizing results", I'd suggest: (1) 4# trigger (2) shok buffer (3) a VERY tight fitting laminated wood stock (4) cryo treatment of barrel and action would be a big plus.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
All the above, and some "Ruger" 10 rd. Mags.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If people remember, Bill Ruger was a major suppporter of the "high-capacity" mag ban, a big reason he was despised in the firearms industry. He took it on his own to voice strong opinion supporting the pending ban (then) and you see that 20 and 10 round factory mags are rare? 5 rounders are all over the place, however, and they could just as easily have mfg'd the 10 rounders still, and still be in compliance. Remember S&W wheh they caved in, and the subsequent boycott that ensued. Glad I still have plenty of 30s and some 20s.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts