Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How must ammo do you have Stored away just case SHTF?

How do you have it stored ammo can, wooden crate Etc...?

What kind of ammo?

Where do you have it Stored?

I have 1000Rds of Lake City NATO 5.56 and 1000Rds SS109 NATO in ammo cans right next to my bed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Blitz,
Where do you live Colombia or something..:) Actually, I like to keep 1,000 rounds or so around as well. When I see deals I will buy just because. In our restricted rights State, if you have over a thousand rounds at home, you have to have a safe/storage unit so the bad guys won't steal them. That is a bunch of power to have just laying around....

Larry:usa:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Not sure how much I have right now, but I burned up over 300 rounds of 5.56x45mm at the range this week.

I usually have a stockpile of about 3000-5000 rounds. About half is 5.56x45mm of various brands, and half is 7.62x39mm of Wolf JHP. Most of my 5.56 is FMJ.

For domestic home defense I have 500 rounds of .223 Rem JHP at ready.

The FMJ is for SHTF since most body armor is no match for FMJ rounds, and I don't expect to be too concerned about my background during such extreme circumstances. I also use the FMJ for plinking, since its easier to find in mass quantities. When in doubt, aim for the face. :eek:

It is stored in my bedroom closet in Vacuum-sealed packs, inside .50 cal ammo cans, with a knife for opening the vacuum sealed packs. All the ammo is stored in a vertical fashion to make it as safe as possible in the event of fire (although I hear the ammo cans are sufficiently stout because the ammo just fizzles when not ignited in a chamber).

Also included in one of the ammo cans: book of matches, lighter, $500 cash (probably not worth much if SHTF) and a flashlight with extra batteries. The can with these items contains 50% 5.56x45mm and 50% 7.62x39mm. I have this mix because I own weapons chambered in these two calibers. If I run low on time, this is the can I run with.

I also have a seperate ammo can with at least 1000 rounds of solely .380 auto ammo for my Browning BDA-380 pistola.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I can't count that high.

:cannon: :trooper:
Damn Aliens!!!!

GO PAC!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
About 6000 rounds roughly. Have body armor,gas mask and if all that doesnt work I have a picture of my mother-in-law.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I don't want to say exactly how much ammo I have on hand in case any of them G-man types might be listening in. But I do like to have at least a battle load of rounds per weapon.

I started using up my Y2K stock pile figured it was getting stale. I will be searching for prices on good ammo to resupply.

I keep my ammo in locked ammo cans sorted by caliber in the dryest part of the house, and a running inventory on the PC. So I know what to get.

TC
:cannon:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
The ole "mother-in-law" trick, huh. That's a tough one to beat. ;)

:sniper: :trooper:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
I'm taken a different approach, I am acumulaten: powder, brass, n primers. I kin carry 10 times duh ammo as yous kin, as you be caryn all dat lead. Widt my plyers, nd pocket press, nd bullet mold I has all de lead I want. Jes go look at all dat lead own de wheels o yur truck! Sides ye kent burry any thang in de back yard down hea, as 2 ft down is water! Also de one thing yaul forgets, is de one thang yer momma wood remind ya of, an dats "don't forget the TP when de SHTF sonny"!. It will be worth its wait in gold!!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I don't have much at home, 'cause I figure I won't have the opportunity to casually load the car. For waterproof containers, PVC pipe can't be beat! If it keeps the water in so good, it also keeps water out! Seal it with caps and glue and you won't be blue.

One drawback is the price of caps! You'll need 2. Also, I expect that a sealed tube might float to the surface, if your area floods. Or if the water table is like Cajungeo's stomping grounds.

Cajungeo's grandma just might be right, TP holdings might be a better future's option than cash.

And if anybody thinks the FBI and many other police departments are not recording everything on this post, you're mistaken. For one thing, it's politically incorrect for the FBI and police departments to keep negative information on ethnic organizations. So out of sheer lack of anything to do, they go after men (and women) who like guns. It's politically favorable to go after you and me, zealots and extremists! in our belief in American values and the US Constitution.

KC

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm obviously waay toooo under supplied. I only have about 2000 rounds from .22 to .280 and everything in between. I don't have time for mine to get stale so I don't need to package it, I can start with about 200 rounds of 158gr 357 lying next to my bed and keep working till I get to the reloading room. From there the possibilities are seemingly endless!:confused:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Originally posted by Kalifornia Citizen
And if anybody thinks the FBI and many other police departments are not recording everything on this post, you're mistaken. For one thing, it's politically incorrect for the FBI and police departments to keep negative information on ethnic organizations. So out of sheer lack of anything to do, they go after men (and women) who like guns. It's politically favorable to go after you and me, zealots and extremists! in our belief in American values and the US Constitution.
Let them watch. And they can watch as I keep my guns and ammo too.

Unfortuanely for Big Brother, I don't fit the profile of a terrorist or extremist. I have no intention of organizing one. And realistically, if the SHTF, it is ultimately the militia that will hold this country together, NOT the understaffed military.

Guerilla warfare has, and will continue to win. There's nothing like a native defending his homeland.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wow I have never had to think about how much, its like this: when I see a gun I want I save my money, buy it, purchase dies, scavenge brass at the range, reload and use it up or sit on it till I remember that I have it. all told i'd have to say ......................2 fire safes full and reloading stuff for about 6000 more rounds. I sure hope my Mother in law dont find out. Big brother aint got nuttin on her!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree with Satan big brother is watching but how many of the big FBI will be at my house when TSHTF. not the manpower thy showed at Ruby RIDGE.IF they can protect me from nearby terrisots then just mabe they just might keep me from being ready to protect myself

G

·
I stockpile as follows:
2000 rds of .223,
2000 rds of .22,
2000 rds of 9mm,
1500 rds of .30,
100 rds of .32,
100 rds of .45,
500 rds of 12 & 20 ga.,
couple dozen arrows,speargun,
black powder and .50 cal buffalo balls,
and enough canned sardines to feed Shamoo.........We Be Ready!

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER !:cannon: :rapid:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Bueno, Bueno,

Buying ammo in quantity makes a lot of sense because it costs about half as much. If you shoot as much as I do, you're ready for range shooting for a couple of years!

I'm probably out of line here, but I'd like to offer an alternative view. I see SHTF unfolding like this:

Small squads of Enforcers raid one home at a time, but they're really busy, targeting 4 to 8 each day/night. Only we're told they're after terrorists or drug dealers, or domestic violence felons, or whatever works for the day.

Most of the breakins are not reported, because most reporters don't ever leave the office. They just take whatever comes over the wire. So the Enforcers tell a core, trusted group of newsfolks that they're taking out right-wing extremists, and to keep it under wraps. Work with the Enforcers. Now the left-wing media is ecstatic that that right-wingers are finally being dealt with, so they masterfully go along with the program. And the Enforcers are getting every gun they can get under secrecy, abetted by the media. The few stories we hear, we think it's good law enforcement.

Now this is where it affects us. Since the Enforcers know about our guns, there are records since 1968 at least, and most folks buy their ammo with credit cards, they know who owns most of the guns. They will be at my door and your door at the very beginning of SHTF. Whatever you have, they will hold for the "investigation". God forbid that they get you on a technical violation. There you go, then you're a felon and you are forever forbidden from keeping powder, patch, or ball.

It's the same power struggle all over again, but next time they won't be English.

Somebody pinch me, I'm having a nightmare.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Citizen- I grew up in Fresno, just down the road from you.

I have around 20,000 rounds of various calibers at any given moment. The only "preparation" I have made is two ammo cans loaded and ready to "grab and go." One has loaded AR15 mags (about 15 or so) and the other has loaded FAL mags (maybe 10) along with about 100 rounds of 12 gauge mixed buck and slug. I also have a stack of loaded 1911 mags in the safe (10-12). If I need to go somewhere and fight I grab the two rifles, shotgun and one 1911 and hit it.

This should be enough to take care of modest situation (general rioting and civil disorder) and if it's worse (all-out anarchy and civilians vs. US military) I propab wouldn't survive long enough to use this up anyway.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Originally posted by SaxonPig
if it's worse (all-out anarchy and civilians vs. US military) I propab wouldn't survive long enough to use this up anyway.
I agree, but if you can take out at least two of them to your dying, you've done your part.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts