Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 580 series SS Ranch. I have not shot it a great deal because my neighbors are deer hunting. Is the 580 pencil barrel better than the previous version? I have read that the Accu-Strut helps the older ones. If my mini would benefit from a strut, I will get it. THANKS!!!!:)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Don't have one myself, but I've been reading and thinking about accurizing my Mini for some time. The consensus is that a strut dramatically reduces inaccuracy caused by barrel harmonics when installed on the pre-tapered Mini barrels. I haven't read anything conclusive about accuracy improvements due to struts on Minis with the newer tapered barrel. On those, the strut just makes it look cool. Nothing wrong with that.

And of course the strut does nothing to improve the shooter, unless you count the impact of thinking your gun looks cooler. Personally, I hope it does.

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
it'll help ANY pencil barrel mini quite a bit.

the tapered barrel minis will see some benefit too - but not as much as the straight barrels

buy one - you won't be disappointed. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I built my own strut, and it cut my 100 yd groups in half. I would have to say yes on the strut. Can hit clay pigeons out to 225 with realative ease.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Some of the early 580 series came with the original, thinner barrel. Later 580 (and all 581, 582, etc.) have the tapered barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts