Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a certain someone has PM me COBrien warning me that I have gone too far with trying to help you all keep your second amendment rights. He also just posted a thread asking all members to stop posting political and second amendment rights, threads, so I would like to ask your opinion, have I gone too far trying to help all of you to keep your second amendment rights. I have been fighting tooth and nail scouring the Internet looking for anything and everything that we can use to fight with!. Grueling four hours on end! Providing what I thought was helpful links and information to help you!. I asked you was my time wasted?. Have I made enemies over this?. Have I truly gone too far trying to inspire all of you to keep your second amendment rights!. If so, I am terribly sorry to have wasted your time. Please forgive me for all of the trouble that I have went through just trying to make it that much easier for you to write your reps stand up for your rights and inspire you. Do you really, honestly think that I have went too far?!. If you disagree with me and have a problem with me trying to help you all please by all means post on this thread and let me know how you feel about what I have done. Again I am so terribly sorry for all the apparent trouble. I have calls to any member of this forum!:(

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
My opinion, no. But I'm sending warning letters to DC. So I may not be a good source!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't think you have gone too far my friend, I admire your passion and would feel safe in saying so do many others. I think what he was saying in his post was please put it in the proper forum....2nd amend, political and so forth. There's nothing wrong with giving everyone a heads-up here to look at a post you made in the other forums. But I will agree this should be the mini forum... and it's getting a little cluttered with other things. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I admire and respect you for what you've done, but I also think there are now plenty of threads on this board that get the message across. Anyone who comes to this board is going to see one of them. I did get a little tired of it, though. I used the link, wrote my reps, now I want to talk and read about mini stuff. For a while there it seemed like every thread turned into a "call your congressman/i did and this is what he said" thread.

I see no problem keeping one thread alive. I just want to talk about other stuff, too. After all, I may not have much time to outfit and equip myself!

Joe

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Like COBrien said, there is a forum for political posts. This is a Mini-14 forum, yet the entire forum page is covered with political posts.

I have personally used your links, so they are valuable and useful, but this is the "Mini 14" forum.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You can't get anywhere by treading water in one place. You are a fighter or a quitter. Anybody complaining is probably a quitter.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not too far... I thought the request was just to put the 2A issues in another subforum, tho? Not stop them entirely?

·
Banned
7,957 Posts
SIGforum.com --A discussion forum for SIG enthusiasts
Hey guys, a certain someone has PM me COBrien warning me that I have gone too far with trying to help you all keep your second amendment rights. He also just posted a thread asking all members to stop posting political and second amendment rights, threads, so I would like to ask your opinion, have I gone too far trying to help all of you to keep your second amendment rights. I have been fighting tooth and nail scouring the Internet looking for anything and everything that we can use to fight with!. Grueling four hours on end! Providing what I thought was helpful links and information to help you!. I asked you was my time wasted?. Have I made enemies over this?. Have I truly gone too far trying to inspire all of you to keep your second amendment rights!. If so, I am terribly sorry to have wasted your time. Please forgive me for all of the trouble that I have went through just trying to make it that much easier for you to write your reps stand up for your rights and inspire you. Do you really, honestly think that I have went too far?!. If you disagree with me and have a problem with me trying to help you all please by all means post on this thread and let me know how you feel about what I have done. Again I am so terribly sorry for all the apparent trouble. I have calls to any member of this forum!:(
You and many others have been invaluable warriors for the 2A on this site. I didn't think moderators even existed on this board. If you want to see how a professional gun board is operated by responsible moderators go to SIGforum.com --A discussion forum for SIG enthusiasts. No psychopaths, progressives, eco-freaks, anti-gun, liberals make it on this SIGforum board and the most recent gun news is posted frequent and often.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
heres my 2 cents.

To the previous who called CO a mod I'm pretty sure hes not. Hes a super member. Thats a dude who pays $$ to kick it here. I also think hes trying to bring a little organization back to this place. I actually like all the 2A stuff but I also think we need to contain it to one place instead of spreading it out on all boards. The same conversation in 5 places is a bit inefficient. We need to be organized. Now that brings me to the classic part...we no longer have a 2A board:eek:.. so then whats a brova to do?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I've posted a lot of pro-gun rights flavor here over the past couple months because PerfectUnion is the best site for Mini platform I love. And the Mini 14 forum has by far the most traffic of any forum on this site. If you want to be heard by the Mini community, this is the place to post. Is this a political forum? No. Are the members of this forum being threatened by the political issues of the day? Heck yes!

Frankly, if anyone on this forum has a problem with a vigorous defense of our Second Amendment rights, I would have to question their reason for being here at all. I have not seen CO's post or PM, but I suspect there was some simple misunderstanding along the way. I seriously doubt anyone with enough interest in gun ownership to join and participate in a forum as focused as PerfectUnion would have any conflict with an aggressive defense of the individual liberties that made America great.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Doesn't bother me but I do agree that we should keep the political stuff in the politics forum so all this sort of info can be more easily found in one place.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
I can appreciate the passion, and I agree with it. The problem, as others have stated, is that there there has been too much of it IMHO in the wrong forum. I also think that another way to get the attention of the ruling class has been all of our gun and ammo purchases in the last month. Now lets get back too a subject we all love to discuss.... our Ruger mini 14's and mini 30's (and 6.8 mini's).

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Hi Dawgstar;

I have it on good authority that "extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice" but what do I know? Hang in there, and if you have to post in the gun laws forum that's okay too - your posts are good ones.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
An admirable attempt at getting folks involved. Now that you have the attention of those who will actually do something close the threads with a post directing those interested to one singular post where they can get timely information. Just my two cents. The key is organization. I've been in the gun industry a long time and it's a disjointed, fragmented community of specialized sports. Too many only heard that the second amendment was affirmed by the Supreme Court and didn't bother to listen to the fact that it was a narrow margin and that the Justices left door wide open for reasonable gun controls which could be enacted by executive order. In other words we were told our right to keep and bear firearms was secure for now, but it wouldn't be unconstitutional to regulate which firearms we could keep and bear and how we would keep and bear them.

Keep up the fight but organize. Ask Kevin if he'd be willing to start a new section expressly for the upcoming fight. Inevitably you're going to p*ss some folks off with the diversity of this board but that's OK, we all enjoy the freedom to agree or disagree. As American citizens we individually lack the time, funds, and access to our elected officials to effect change. Collectively the slumbering giant that's American gun owners will be a juggernaut once awakened and focused to it's task.

Take a look right now - without a single piece of new legislation being passed we've already made it impossible to buy many guns, ammo and accessories by stripping supply and gouging each other for what is available. If we can do that to ourselves what do you think Washington can do?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I have NOT sent you a single private message about this subject. I did send you a PM about duplicate threads, which I have seen folks get warned about before. I was trying to help keep you from any kind of hot water. I have not reported a single post of yours as SPAM, abusive, etc. No moderator or admin has been in contact with you due to any action on my part.

The thread I started was simply a request to move the political discussion to the News & Politics section of this site, now that you obviously have the attention of the members who frequent the Mini, AR, and Handgun sections. Hell, I'll even join in on the discussion over there.

NOWHERE in that thread did I ask that people stop posting political/activism threads. Only that they be posted in the appropriate place.

My intention was not to make this a personal thing, and I hate that you've clearly taken it personally.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't post often but every time I come to perfect union I go to all unread post to see what is going on in all the forums. What I am saying is that just because someone does not post in the political forum does not mean that they do not read them. The point is you don't need a new topic in every other forum to get people's attention.

·
Registered
182 Posts
An admirable attempt at getting folks involved. Now that you have the attention of those who will actually do something close the threads with a post directing those interested to one singular post where they can get timely information. Just my two cents. The key is organization. I've been in the gun industry a long time and it's a disjointed, fragmented community of specialized sports. Too many only heard that the second amendment was affirmed by the Supreme Court and didn't bother to listen to the fact that it was a narrow margin and that the Justices left door wide open for reasonable gun controls which could be enacted by executive order. In other words we were told our right to keep and bear firearms was secure for now, but it wouldn't be unconstitutional to regulate which firearms we could keep and bear and how we would keep and bear them.

Keep up the fight but organize. Ask Kevin if he'd be willing to start a new section expressly for the upcoming fight. Inevitably you're going to p*ss some folks off with the diversity of this board but that's OK, we all enjoy the freedom to agree or disagree. As American citizens we individually lack the time, funds, and access to our elected officials to effect change. Collectively the slumbering giant that's American gun owners will be a juggernaut once awakened and focused to it's task.

Take a look right now - without a single piece of new legislation being passed we've already made it impossible to buy many guns, ammo and accessories by stripping supply and gouging each other for what is available. If we can do that to ourselves what do you think Washington can do?
Extremely well put, gundoc! I agree sincerely.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Your message loses value if it's presented like spam. Those who share your passion know where to find the News and Political forum. I'm guessing you're also passionate about your Mini-14, but I don't see you posting about that in the BBQ forum.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts