• Seven to Ten

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Eleven to WOW THAT'S ALOT!

Votes: 6 3.4%
101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just the one Yugo 59/66A1 for me, but I think I'm really going to get rid of it after the beating it gave me today.

Granted, the other rifle calibers I'm used to shooting are both .22's (.22lr and .223), but I'm not a very buff guy and have practically no padding on my shoulders, so after 50 rounds of x39 beating against bone I already had a bruise and spend the rest of the afternoon flinching. With the .22lr. I have no problems with .223's, though. Guess that added oomph is a little much for me.

Guess that kills my dream of having an M-24 SWS clone in .300 Win Mag. :angry:

At least I found out it functions 100% with Wolf MC JHP's without having to do a chamber job on it. :D
DON'T GIVE UP THE GUN!!

http://tinyurl.com/ybndyah

One of these slip on Sim's Limb Savers from Cabella's will almost make it feel like your plinking a .22! I kid you not. The SKS steel butt stock was murder on me as I have had surgical reconstruction of my right shoulder and the outer 1/4 of my clavical is missing altogether. Your SKS takes a size small and they really work. The $35 sounds a bit spendy but it is worth every penny and since it's a slip on pad you can swap it onto any rifle with a similarly sized butt stock.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Limbsaver pad, eh?

Sounds like it might be a good investment.

I'd still like to trade the Yugo up to a Russian or a Norinco, or even up to a WASR.

It's an awful pig to haul around for what amounts to a 200 yard gun. Especially considering I'm not sure I could get it on paper at 200. I guess I could hack all the excess crap off the end of it, and put it in a lightweight synthetic stock, but the thought of doing that to a rifle that I'm sure has seen some action in the last 38 years is, to put it lightly, unsettling at best.

You can look down her barrel and tell somebody over there rode her hard before she went back in to the arsenal.

That said, they are certainly solid rifles, who put nice, big, motivating holes in things. And the 12" of pointy goodness hanging off the end of it don't hurt any. :cool:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi...I'm new here. I live in Flagstaff Arizona.

I like guns. Here's my SKSs

[
A few questions.

How do you like the rear Tech sight on the bottom rifle? Did you use a Williams Fire Sight on the front? That's a setup I'm trying to install on my '63 Jiahnshe Arsenal Chi-Com SKS but I haven't figured out a way to do it without cutting the factory rear action cover retainer pin off which I don't want to do.

Secondly who do I have to kill to get a thumb hole stock like that second rifle? It looks very short. Is it a custom job or regular issue for a rare tanker or paratrooper application?

SWEET collection! :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
A few questions.

How do you like the rear Tech sight on the bottom rifle? Did you use a Williams Fire Sight on the front? That's a setup I'm trying to install on my '63 Jiahnshe Arsenal Chi-Com SKS but I haven't figured out a way to do it without cutting the factory rear action cover retainer pin off which I don't want to do.

Secondly who do I have to kill to get a thumb hole stock like that second rifle? It looks very short. Is it a custom job or regular issue for a rare tanker or paratrooper application?

SWEET collection! :cool:
peep site is great. front sight I got from SKSman? I forget actually...it is smaller diameter post....factory rear pin was cut to install...thumbhole stock came with the rifle...have no idea if it's original...soon I will scan for proof marks..etc...and get back to ya....

·
Registered
43 Posts
im a US & COMMONWEALTH collector so the one i have is related to my M16 , same venue of service and a nice chinese rifle [not a bringback] i dont always collect a sample of the oppositions firearm , but , i do have an 1893 spanish mauser to stand next to my trapdoors and krags

·
Registered
343 Posts
1 Norinco

1 Norinco SKS hunting rifle. Ignore the shot guns in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
peep site is great. front sight I got from SKSman? I forget actually...it is smaller diameter post....factory rear pin was cut to install...thumbhole stock came with the rifle...have no idea if it's original...soon I will scan for proof marks..etc...and get back to ya....
it's a model m they came like that i have one and it's my favorite rifel i own

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello. Im bringing this thread back to life.
I currently own 1(Chinese) but planning to have a few more.
My plans are to have atleast 1 of each make just to say i have one and to collect them.Also looking into getting a couple of shotguns. I really like the Remington 870 shotgun.Later.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a couple

I have two Norinco models.The first was an ugly duck that I bought at the local gun&pawn.Fixed her up just like new and now she's purdy. The second is a paratrooper model that I put in a T6 Tapco Olive Drab color stock----very cool IMHO:). I hope to get one of those Alby's one day.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Update to my SKS's:

Sold: 1 of the Yugo M59/66/A's (to oldest son)

Bought: 2 more Chikomz and 1 Russian Tula refurb.(the wife claimed one of the Chikomz)

Total is now 9.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This thread revival just reminded me my SKS is still stuffed in the back of the safe with the sight project unfinished. It got set aside behind some stuff I was doing with my Mini and a never ending wallet sapping AR project.

I think it's time to finish that SKS and get back to some basics with (GASP!) iron sights.
:lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Three,1 Chinese,2 Russian.All thats left,forgot the rest traded,swapped,etc.etc. gottem when they were $100.00 for a nice one,at most gun shows"early 90's".

101 - 120 of 127 Posts