• Seven to Ten

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Eleven to WOW THAT'S ALOT!

Votes: 6 3.4%
81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one Russian, which works out because I only shoot 1 rifle at a time. If a pile of money comes my way or someone wishes to expand my collection I would happily get more :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Two Norincos. One standard sized and one of the "Paratrooper" models with the 16 inch barrel. The shorty is my personal favorite. Nice and handy

·
Registered
228 Posts
BIG Six!! in 7.62 X 39!

2 Russian - 1 Hardwood; 1 Laminated (NIB)
1 Chinese Paratrooper (NIB)
3 Yugo 59/66; 2 (NIB)

SWEET.............:):):):)

·
Banned
490 Posts
After more years than I like to think about, my last 2 SKSs went to new homes. I had 3 Russian armory refurbs, unfired for over 15 years plus anywhere from 1 to 5 Norincos, The next to the last was one of the Russians to a buddy who fell in love with it when He saw it, he had only shot a Yugo before. Then a month ago he saw my Norinco Paratrooper with the AK mags and had to have that too. So now the only 7.62X39 calibers I have are a couple of AK copies, a Maadi MISR and a Norinco MAK-90, plus my Mini-30 and a Mauser 93 originally converted to 7.62X39 and now it is a 6mmPPC with only a barrel change.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Just 1 Norinco. Would by another one if I saw it less then $250, ROFL...;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re:How many members in Your SKS Collection

Hi:
I have 3 Norinco rifles at this time.The first one from the top had a scope
and it's my first SKS :):).The other 2 are just in the mil stocks.I would like to get a Yugo next but I think I'll wait until prices fall out first.I'm realy happy with the Tapco 20 rnd mags:):):).

Thanks
Scott Hannah

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sks

I only have 1 yugo however I own about 20 different rifles. If I had the cash I would buy more. I love collecting rifles and guns, For now I need to look at getting another safe to store my guns.

My wife doesn't care too much for my rifles but she understands my passion for collecting them.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I only have 1 yugo however I own about 20 different rifles. If I had the cash I would buy more. I love collecting rifles and guns, For now I need to look at getting another safe to store my guns.

My wife doesn't care too much for my rifles but she understands my passion for collecting them.
I hear you on every word... I also have lady that doesn't really care unless I am not paying the bills. I also need a new safe that will fit through the door. :blink:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
COmpared to a 10/22.....

You can use the 10/22 guys as a perfect example. There are loads of guys who own a dozen or so 10/22's, and they take a 200 dollar small caliber carbine and put thousands of dollars in upgrades for them, all to punch holes in paper.

At least with an SKS, you have a weapon that serves a viable purpose. I guess I shouldn't say much, I do own ONE 10/22, which has been treated to a few of the standard improvements.

I do have 2 SKS', one with a tapco (a norinco paratrooper), and a bone stock yugo. The wife understands that if we are going to have a decent stock of ammo, we need a back-up gun in each caliber we keep. What use is a load of 7.62 when one broken firing pin negates using it? And of course, keeping down the number of calibers you shoot makes ammo more affordable, since you can buy in bulk. That explains the mini 30, right?

Now I still need a second 8mm Mauser and I am all set.....

·
Registered
524 Posts
One, a Norinco. But have three original Lee-Enfields.

Jedhoop: "Roger that".
I still can't begin to imagine how a lady's shoes or pieces of small (or large) Meissen 'porcelain' can begin to compare with military-styled rifles.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just the one Yugo 59/66A1 for me, but I think I'm really going to get rid of it after the beating it gave me today.

Granted, the other rifle calibers I'm used to shooting are both .22's (.22lr and .223), but I'm not a very buff guy and have practically no padding on my shoulders, so after 50 rounds of x39 beating against bone I already had a bruise and spend the rest of the afternoon flinching. With the .22lr. I have no problems with .223's, though. Guess that added oomph is a little much for me.

Guess that kills my dream of having an M-24 SWS clone in .300 Win Mag. :angry:

At least I found out it functions 100% with Wolf MC JHP's without having to do a chamber job on it. :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
1, Norinco in Tapco T6 with Tapco 20 round mags.

It works perfect, I don't need anymore. This thing can eat $12 worth of ammo in a few minutes.

My collection now requires several additional 22's, I'm thinking of getting a savage mark 2 for cheap 100 yard target shooting, and another pistol (maybe a revolver), a short barrel home defense shotgun (cheapie to bubba), and a trap-bird shotgun (if they every get the trap working at our gun club).

There goes my discretionary spending for the next 6 months!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just the one Yugo 59/66A1 for me, but I think I'm really going to get rid of it after the beating it gave me today.

Granted, the other rifle calibers I'm used to shooting are both .22's (.22lr and .223), but I'm not a very buff guy and have practically no padding on my shoulders, so after 50 rounds of x39 beating against bone I already had a bruise and spend the rest of the afternoon flinching. With the .22lr. I have no problems with .223's, though. Guess that added oomph is a little much for me.

Guess that kills my dream of having an M-24 SWS clone in .300 Win Mag. :angry:

At least I found out it functions 100% with Wolf MC JHP's without having to do a chamber job on it. :D
The small size winchester shock pads they sell at Walmart fit the SKS stock, I have a medium one on over the Tapco plastic adjustable stock, but you have to cut it a bit to let the strap swivel through.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Just lurking around and stumbled across this...Bought a Norinco way back when for $89. Sold it for $200 and bought a nice Tula to replace it. I'm more into "one of each" than assembling a stable of clones. I'm into the history a bit I guess.
My original norinco paratrooper was 89 bucks, with 2 boxes of chinese steelcore ammo tossed in!!! Those were the days.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts