·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got 9 all together.

1 Albanian
2 Romanian
2 Yugo M59
4 Yugo 59/66

I am hoping to add a Russian and Chinese some time. If I ever get a better job I'll hunt the elusive North Korean and East German ones! :D

For the price the SKS is a quality little rifle. The supply of the Yugos will dry up and I can see them going over $300 in price if trends continue. The last ones I bought were a Century Arms 3fer sale and I think were 3 for $225. They were suppose to be good condition with cracked stocks. Not a single one had a bad stock and they all cleaned up nicely.

-Joe

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sorry I took so long to post my reply.

2) Chikomz
2) Romanian
2) Yugo M59/66
1) Yugo M59 (recent buy)

I had planned on stopping with the last M59/66 I got, but I get the feeling there may not be an official end to them coming home with me.

·
Registered
524 Posts
How about just one comparison between a basic Yugo and a Chinese with the internal magazine?
I do Not want to pay the market rate for a very good Russian.

If both were for sale at the same price (many list for about $220-270), would the chrome-lined barrel of the Chinese rifle, all else maybe equal, be the most important advantage from a simple functional, durable perspective if you clean it each time you shoot it?

·
Registered
652 Posts
You'll probably hear differing opinions between those two. I like the Chikom for its handiness and the chrome in the bore and chamber are a plus for rust prevention, although the dry climate out here means less worry in that area. The Yugo's threaded barrel may be preferred by some over the Chikom's pinned version, but personally, I don't think either is going to fall off in my lifetime, or my kids's for that matter.

The Yugo has a beefier feel to it and I understand that was because they made a lot fewer of them than other kommie satelites did (and particularly the Chikomz), so they needed to be sturdier. I'm not a big fan of the grenade launcher, etc, but those things will add extra weight to the front- end, which makes them very steady on target, although heaveir and bulkier to carry.

I lucked-out and recently ran into a brand-new Yugo M59 (no G/L or night sights) and I like it as well as my Chikomz, but it's still slightly heavier. This is due in part to the different bayonet types, but also the Yugo stock is slightly bigger/beefier, possibly to accomodate the blade-type bayonet.

So, anyway....that's how I see the two models.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I,ve got 1 iit,s a yugo with the launcher and all that stuff cut off.I bought it 3 yrs ago unisued full of cosmo Cherry imported.Great little shooter just like my Mini 14.:)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well I'm still in the one to three catagory but I did add one over the weekend to bring my total to 2. Both are Chinese.

·
Moderator and Super Member
7,547 Posts
I hope all you gun nuts are keeping up on your ammo quota....:)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I think I just need to quit buying guns that are so hungry for ammo. You know SKS's love to suck down the ammo and then I also bought an AR15. So now my supply of 7.62 x 39 and my .223 is going to disappear. Oh well, think of the fun!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Only one-a Norinco, then unfired and bought last spring.

It was just like a spy movie, the covert deal was closed behind a McDonalds near I-40.
Well, maybe not so exotic. No (Berlin) Glienicke Bridge or Parisian tunnel, or foxy foreign babes.

Greasy, undercooked french fries and the bridge nearby over the TN River. Spasibo, Kamerad Jack.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have nine right now.

1- Russian
1- Romanian
2- Chi-com(had 6 at one point)
2- Albanian
3- Yugo 59/66's

Always looking for more.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I own one! Norinco
Its a great rifle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have six....

4 Paratrooper models
1 Model M
1 1954 Russian

Would like to get another paratrooper.( as if i need another)
but i sure like them....
Also thinking about a Chines Norinco...know a guy that has a couple
$250 for a like new one and $200 for a nice one...
Have i got an addiction?

61 - 80 of 127 Posts