2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
AL308 said:
4 Yugos
2 Russians
1 SKS-D
1 SKS-M
6 Norincos
NOW we're TALKIN'! FOURTEEN SKSs! A goal to SHOOT for!

I am now at 4 SKSs. Two Yugoslavian 59/66s, and two Russians.

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had 12 and sold a few to fund other projects. That put me to 7. I have one on the way and I'll be back up by next week!

1- Norinco(want more)
1- Russian(nicest looking)
2- Yugo M59 (1 of which is on the way)
4- Yugo 59/66(heavy but fun to shoot)

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
As of yesterday I am now up to SIX Simonovs.

I purchased 2 of them this week, and one back on the tenth of June. One Yugoslavian, one beautiful Russian, and one beautiful Norinco. I am gun poor this paycheck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 Yugo,1 Chicom both are decent shooters 2" groups @ 100 yards.

Passed on a Tula because I did not have the $350.00 at the time.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Guys, from what I understand, SKS rifles are almost identical...so why do some of you got so many? I`ve got 2 AR`s but in a completely different setup and I don`t need a third. I find it more interesting to buy different guns, since I want to have a nice collection and not an arsenal of whatever.
Just my 2c and absolutely no pun intended here...I just don`t get it.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have so many because at the time I bought them they were cheap. I usually order a few of each and keep the best ones and sell the others. I also am a collector and my collection ranges from all yugo type mausers and sks rifles ( different variations M48, M48A,24/47,24/52,YCK98,M59 and 59/66) to russian rifles (M38, M44, 91/30, 91/30 PU and of course a Russian SKS.). Throw in a chinese SKS, which is my shooter and second rifle I have owned and there you have it.
I do have to say that I have narrowed down my collection to basically yugo weapons (because of their current availablity) and Russian mosins (same thing). The sks colection that I had was bigger last year. There are so many variations and its a little difficult to get some types. So instead of buying a $500 sks I have moved on to affordable rifles that I can quickly build up a colletion with.
The sks is definantly no AR, but it has a good history.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Landlocked said:
. So instead of buying a $500 sks I have moved on to affordable rifles that I can quickly build up a colletion with.
WOW I had no idea that some SKS rifles sell for $500...probably Russian ones, in a perfect condition, right?

G

·
Just one, a Norinco.

I'd like to get another one, but there's so many other guns to buy.... so many other guns... so many guns.... so many.... :wacko:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was away for a month and saw the response to this post. Why so many, first they were cheap, they are all slightly different than others and I usually purchase several of everything if I like them. Some to shoot, some to collect. They are already worth a lot more than what I paid for them. For instance I purchased the 2 Russians for $119 a piece when they first came out. I have a very large collection, as an example I have 40 22's rifles alone. I just like having them, that is the illness of collecting things.

·
Registered
309 Posts
had 2 sold one to a dear friend who didnt know what he was missing. so im down to 1 yugo ex cond. i figure 1 of every kinda rifle i can afford is almost enough!

·
Moderator and Super Member
7,547 Posts
Just lurking around and stumbled across this...Bought a Norinco way back when for $89. Sold it for $200 and bought a nice Tula to replace it. I'm more into "one of each" than assembling a stable of clones. I'm into the history a bit I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Pictures go in the GALLERY.

If you want to buy, or sell a rifle, the ad goes in either the "WANT TO BUY" forum, or the "FOR SALE-COMPLETE FIREARMS" forum.

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 127 Posts