• Eleven to WOW THAT'S ALOT!

Votes: 6 3.4%
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am just curious as to how many SKSs everyone has.

I have been reading about how people have 5, 10, 12, 20 of 'em, and I thought I would post a little tally of how many we here on PU have.

Just for fun, and curiosity.

I currently have 3 SKSs, and want to get at least one more. If I can show the Wife that other guys (and girls) have more than 3, then maybe she won't be as opposed to me getting (and I quote), "Another gun that is the same thing as the ones YOU ALREADY have. You don't NEED it!" :D

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I only have one at the moment. I am about to purchase a few more because they are not being made any more and prices are about to skyrocket.
:D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Since half wasnt an option I put 1. She aint purty but she shoots.

- Dave

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
They're like lemmings. You can't jsut get one, they just seem to follow eachother back to your house and hide from your wife in your gun safe! That's my excuse anyway...somehow I don't think she will buy it if she ever finds out. Thank God for combination locks!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I only have 2 right now, but that most assuredly will change in the future. :D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Who are the 2 so far with 11+..... speak up. Sounds like a good stock of reliable SHTF rifles. PICS!

- Dave

·
Registered
756 Posts
2 - One Norinco chopped by Gundoc (my truck gun), and one "M" for fun. I want to pick up a Russian this year. Everyone needs at least one SKS in the gun safe!

5L

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have two. One Yugo 59/66 and a Chinese. I really hemed and hawed over the second one as ammo for them is not that easy to find lately.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Welcome aboard, eddie! Another Survivors guy!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've owned 4.

Sold the Chicoms and kept the Russians.

After my MIni 14s outshot my Saiga and SKS rifles, I kinda got bored with them. Rugged, reliable, but they have some safety design flaws that make me not want to keep them loaded when they aren't in use.

I am more corfortable shooting them than any AK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im giving my little brother my shooter grade yugo for a wedding present, but plan on replacing it with another excelent grade one

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Judging by the poll count, there are ONLY 19 members here on Perfect Union that own SKS's??

Certainly there MUST be more than that.

Do I have to go out and purchase a few more for myself to add to the above count? :)

I will if I have to, don't make me do it!!

Actually, I do need you guys (and girls, as the case may be) to help convince the Wife that I can't live without one or two more SKSs!

Come on guys, HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE??

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
NWO: if it makes you feel any better another one followed me home from the guns shop last week!

You look in your gun safe and they jsut seem to have a new litter once in a while! Like rabbits but better.

I justify it to myslf this way. I bought a Russian from a collection (no import marks, excellent grade) for like $200 a few years ago. Now its worth WAY more than that. Remember when you could buy Mauser's for DIRT cheap? I think of the Mosin nagants, SKS and Swiss k31 as todays version of the mauser's deals.

Tell your wife that its an investiment that WILL pay off in the future. I haven't seen the prices go DOWN on any of those guns in the last 10 years!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I only have one. Just got it two weeks ago at a local dealer. New out of the box, sopping with grease. Took a while to get it clean but it shoots great. Not too crazy about the grenade launcher sights or the flip up "night sights" but I can say I own one now and plan on getting a norinco this week.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sad to say like most of the guns I have owned I sold off all the sks rifles. But getting ready to pick up another Yugo and plan on having at least 4 yugos by years end. They have went up in price just a bit in the last year or so. But $150-$200 still isnt bad for high grade yugo with all that dang cosmoline already cleaned off!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts