Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they roughly the same or is one better? I have 12 Masen 30 rounders that work good for me. I paid 25 bucks a piece. I originaly had 4 defective mags(where the mag catch was welded in the wrong spot) but got them replaced with free shipping both ways. Are PMI any better?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got a new PMI 40 rd--looks nice but is crap.
Western as bad--now those PRO MAG 10rd are like factory. Can't get enough of those!!!:usa:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I have some PMI 30 rdrs. They work fine. The PMI's are getting more expensive. They were $49 to $59, and the Houston gun show yesterday.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got this new 40 rd mag. Can get about 30 in and when slapping the mag to get all the rounds against the back they begin to fall out--that is to say they are so loose they just fall out. Took it apart, ckd spring, follower and magazine itself. All looks good, but still does same thing. Think I'll stick with those 10 rd Pro Mag that fourfourmag sells. They are primo!! Any suggestions on the PMI other than shoot at it?:confused:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I prefer the Masens also. Vincep stated he had some quality problems with a few of his from Frank's, but they replaced his defective mags. I picked mine up in the late 80's and they've been good to go. Maybe their quality slipped before the ban.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Originally posted by Billc
I got this new 40 rd mag. Can get about 30 in and when slapping the mag to get all the rounds against the back they begin to fall out--that is to say they are so loose they just fall out. Took it apart, ckd spring, follower and magazine itself. All looks good, but still does same thing. --- Any suggestions on the PMI other than shoot at it?:confused:
It sounds like the follower is binding in the lower 1/4 of the mag. I'd try removing the lower plate, and spring, and move the follower only, through this area, and see if there is a burr, or if mag is narrower in this area. Maby the follower sides could be smoothed up. Its worth a try as Promags, arn't getting any cheaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts