Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midway USA has a sale going for the Houge stock, Mini-14/30. How many peeps out there have the Houge stock on their Mini-14/30? How do you like it? Any complaint's? How's the LOP? Would you buy another?

I have one on my 10/22 and really like it. The only issue I have with it, tends to attract debris sometimes, like grit and sand. My guess, the Mini stock would do the same.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It improves the handling and also improved the accuracy on my 184. It's a little heavier and the LOP is 1" longer than the factory stock. The rubber overmold tends to snag on clothes, but based on a tip on this site I put a wrap of electrical tape on the butt end and it works great and hasn't come off in two years. I would recommnend it over the factory stock.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It improves the handling and also improved the accuracy on my 184. It's a little heavier and the LOP is 1" longer than the factory stock. The rubber overmold tends to snag on clothes, but based on a tip on this site I put a wrap of electrical tape on the butt end and it works great and hasn't come off in two years. I would recommnend it over the factory stock.
Thanks for the hands on info!

·
Old and Dusty
7 Posts
How's the LOP? Would you buy another?

I have one on my 10/22 and really like it. The only issue I have with it, tends to attract debris sometimes, like grit and sand. My guess, the Mini stock would do the same.
I like the longer LOP 6'4" with long arms. ;) Much like the 10-22 stock in every way. Three 581's here, one blue in wood, one SS in wood, one SS in Houge.
The SS Houge goes to the range most often. The others are pretty in the safe ready to go to work when called on. :rolleyes:

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Midway USA has a sale going for the Houge stock, Mini-14/30. How many peeps out there have the Houge stock on their Mini-14/30? How do you like it? Any complaint's? How's the LOP? Would you buy another?

How much are they selling it for?

I've had mine for about a week or two. I haven't fired with it yet, but the feel and look is awesome. My only complaint is the same issue you have. A lot of stuff sticks to the rubber, but water easily wipes it off. I also noticed it is heavier, but worth it.

If I had to buy another one, I'd try the Ghillie Green or Ghillie Tan version. Black is a little boring, which is why I'm running a coyote tan sling on it to spice it up.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
How much are they selling it for?

If I had to buy another one, I'd try the Ghillie Green or Ghillie Tan version. Black is a little boring, which is why I'm running a coyote tan sling on it to spice it up.

Thats funny you think its boring. My eyes went straight to your pic and stayed on it. I really dig the black stock on black rifle. The coyote sling does make it pop too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Milsurps: Thanks for the LOP info!

@USSF06: That's a good looking rifle you have there. Midway has the stock on sale for $54 and change...Its a good buy for the stock. I just can't decide if I want to go with the Houge or save up for the Choate 5 position collapsible or a Bell & Carlson.

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
@Milsurps: Thanks for the LOP info!

@USSF06: That's a good looking rifle you have there. Midway has the stock on sale for $54 and change...Its a good buy for the stock. I just can't decide if I want to go with the Houge or save up for the Choate 5 position collapsible or a Bell & Carlson.
$54?? Hell yeah I'd grab that! If anything, you could buy it low and sell it for its regular price.

:angry: And I JUST bought mine for $71 :mad:

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Hogue stocks are definitely tempting. Haven't been able to get myself to commit to one yet, though. Believe it or not, I like the factory synthetic stock that came with my Tactical. I've handled a couple of the NRA Minis that came with the overmolded stock and liked the feel, but wonder about it's long-term durability?

·
Registered
317 Posts
One of my pleasures on this forum is seeing all the stuff people can find to do with the Mini.
Just about everything from '50s sci-fi ray gun look to the stock out'a the box

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have one on my mini 30 and I don't on my mini 14. I like the feel of the stock [and look] but I do not like the fact it, for me, takes away from the COMPACTNESS of the mini. I have decided against putting one on my 14; my 14 is my close up SHTF gun and I like the light weight and agileness of it in stock form.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One of my pleasures on this forum is seeing all the stuff people can find to do with the Mini.
Just about everything from '50s sci-fi ray gun look to the stock out'a the box
I couldn't agree more! With a little thought and ingenuity, the Mini can be configured to meet a variety of wants/needs/uses.

I still haven't decided if the Hogue stock is the direction I want to go, with my Mini-30. At $54 and change, its almost too good to pass up, even if I don't use it for the build. From what I can tell, everyone that does have the stock on their Mini, likes it. And if my Hogue stock on my 10/22 is used for an example of durability. It has been on the rifle for 15 years and still going strong.

Thanks to all, who have posted on the thread. Nothing like getting hands on info, from other Mini owners. And its been really cool to see, how everyone has configured their Mini's!

·
Registered
218 Posts
the scope rail is a pro-mag I am considering trimming it down.

yes it is a houge ghille tan stock. I despise spraying a .99 cent can of paint on a 600 dollar rifle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts