Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Just wanted to share my "NO DRILL" horizontal forward grip attachment alternative on my 5889 Model .223 Mini 14, with the group. I and others have shot it at the range and it appears to be holding up very well.

The adhesive used to secure the Picatinny rail was E6000 and extremely effective industrial strength product.
It is imperative that you allow it to cure for the full 72 Hrs recommended.

Plant Plant community Air gun Wood Trigger Plant Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood

·
Vigilant Curmudgeon
545 Posts
We like photos of Minis.

Reactions: sandog

·
Formerly "raf"
2,523 Posts
Not to be picky, but trying to ensure we are all using the same terms/words to describe things. No offense!

The item you have pictured is (has, for a long time) been called an Angled Fore Grip (AFG). Many different mfrs, many possible attachment methods. The E6000 goop is the best adhesive I've seen, but I would prefer to secure the AFG to the stock either directly, via appropriate stainless steel screws and nuts, or onto a multi-purpose rail, again secured to the stock woth appropriate stainless steel screws and either nylock nuts or slim, "Jam nuts" which are secured in-place with Loc-tite. Use th appropriate fastening method for your application. Many ways to skin the cat.

FWIW, I am informed by both the AR and MINI worlds, and have modified both rifles to suit me. I am NOT an Expert, just an average guy.

I DO like the demonstration vid, and commend it. You made the stock and firearm both work effectively.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts