Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience with Galco, more specifically the Avenger model?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Have no experience with the Avenger. I carry my Kimber in the SS2 model. I like the shoulder rigs and this has the wide straps.

:sniper:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Sorry no experience personaly with Galco,but a fellow officer is trying to sell one now its the (sob) small of back model they are very uncomfortable. The best 1911 holster Ive seen is the Kramer belt scabard. They are great for concealed carry and very accesable. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Galco makes a good product. Good stitching, boning and leather. They are also proud of their product (price). Don Hume Leather makes comparable holsters in a whole lot more budgeted price range. The leather is not quite as good but I have yet to wear one out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve been pretty fond of my Milt Sparks Versa Max II. It sure conceals well and the construction is great. A friend of mine might have talked me into a kydex version of about the same thing, but I haven’t decided. I just have a mental block against a kydex holster. Its hard to beat good leather. Just my $.02

·
Registered
19 Posts
Galcos make a good holster, haven't tried their Avenger model yet, I really like their paddles though. My current favorite holsters are those made by Rafter S. Excellent holster and won't break the bank.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is my old LFI 1 rig. Bout 16 or 17 yrs old now. It came with a velcro lined belt. The mag carriers were handmade by a nice biker guy who I did some work for ($6. ea.!) No belt clip to flash, sucks up real tight to the body, works good. Its a Ted Blocker holster. I replaced the velcro in belt once before having to replace the belt. I'm on my third belt now, but the holster is going strong.

I've got the Galco crossdraw for the 1911, great holster, holds the weapon away from the body just enough to be fast & comfortable. Also a Galco SOB for the G21, not terribly comfortable sitting down, but it does the job and retention is super.

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
I know galco is a good holster through owning some (not that model though). I have been using a "Milt spark's" summer special II for in the waistband carry for my 5" 1911 and I love it (so much that I bought another just to keep).Very comfortable,snap loops for easy removal, metal reinforced mouth makes for easy reholstering and quality stiching/leather....$75.00 Brownell's. I have to say Galco is good but give milt sparks a try or ask around...cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've carried Glocks in Galco holsters, but my 1911s get carted around in a Kramer belt scabbard. Best holster I've ever owned, hands down. Worth the money and the wait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts