Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum but visited often over the last few months.This is an excellent forum with a great deal of knowledge available on it.I just got a new Hogue overmolded stock from MidwayUSA.It took me less than 5 minutes to install it and I am quite pleased with it.It was only $59 and looks great on my blued Mini-14.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I bought the same stock & it's a very nice improvement over the factory plastic stock. The only thing that bothers me is the hollow buttstock. Maybe I'll fill it with marbles or something.

Later
Bushwack

·
Registered
48 Posts
Shove a bore snake and some break-free (in a plastic vial) in there!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Was wondering if the Hoque overmolded has a raised checkpeice for a scope?Was thinking of going with this stock or Choate Draganov stock.I have a mini with a S&K mount,but I had to use a lace on leather "m1 grand type" on my ruger synthetic stock to get proper check weld.Any ideas or suggestions.Aldo

·
Registered
567 Posts
No the Hogue Overmolded doesn't have a raised cheekpiece for scope use. Really it's very similar to the factory plastic stock in shape but it feels a lot better.

Bushwack

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am interested in the same dragunov style choate stock but have been unable to find anyone that has any experience with it. If you find and info on it, good or bad please post it and I will do the same. :usa:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am pretty sure I will go with the Draganov.I have a 4X32 Russian scope with a Draganov reticule on it,and i think it would make a neat combo.The only thing is I was told by Brownell's that it was a 4 to 6 week special order for this stock.I'll let you know one millwright to another"check my profile"Aldo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aldo,

Just wanted to let you know that the Hogue Overmolded stock is the most comfortable stock that I have ever used on any long gun that I have owned. It really improved my shooting, and looks cool too.

glynb

---------------------
For those who fight for it,
Life has a meaning that the sheltered will never know.

unknown U.S. Marine/ Khe Sanh

·
Registered
685 Posts
aldo, you could have added a black hawk cheek rest it's not mositure prone and goes alot better with a hogue OM stock. just strap it on check eye level and add or take the spacers out as needed....later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts