Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the hogue stock on the Mini-14,I know they have steel reenforced stocks. I am thinking about putting one on one of my guns. If anyone has experience with the hogue stock I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't have any personal experience, but from what I've been reading, the Hogue overmolded stock gets very good reviews. I think there was an issue with them not fitting on some serial number range. Does anybody remember?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I bought the Hogue stock a few weeks ago based in a large part on recomendations I recieved here. It fits both Mini-14 and 30 quite nicely. I don't remember my serial# but I know both guns were made in late 99. It fits my stock mini nicely and is a pleasure to shoot. The Mag well is rather large so it might fix that alleged after market problem in new Rugers.

I did try it on both Mini-14 and 30 so I know it works for both. The wooden Ruger stocks are different however, I tried to switch them and found that mini-14 stocks have a narrower mag well then 30s, probably to prevent using the wrong mag and ammo. My 14 stock was in better shape then the 30 so I thought I could up grade.

By all means get the stock and use it. It looks great on and makes the rifle feel and point better, and also lengthens the stock pull. But the mini stock does not have the steel liner thats only in the bigger ones. Cajungeo recommends bedding it for better accuracy. Also look around on the web I got mine at Cabella's it was at least $10 cheaper then list.

TC
:cannon: :trooper:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey Rugster, I love my hogue, I got it on sale from Midway for $47. The machined aluminium piller beding they advertise, only applies to bolt guns, not the mini. It is fiberglass with a rubber coating, makes it real easy to grip. The stock is a little longer than the std mini stock, so it fits me better, and also has a nice rubber butt plate. It didn't change the acuracy at all. I modified mine a little. I glass beded the stock to the action, groups tightened up 3/4", and with a trigger job I don't get those flyers anymore. I also added an uncle mikes sling stud to the forestock so I could attach bipods without having to buy an expensive adapter. It is also quiet, no clanking sounds while moving thru brush. It works for me:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
I didn't buy a Hogue stock but bought a Clark custom guns laminated stock. A little pricey but fits my mini more closely than the factory stock. The accuracy has picked up some to. The only bad thing is it's a little heavier than the factory stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.