Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the hogue help make my mini14 more accurate then the factory wood stock? I like the looks of the wood and the shorter, handier feel it has but if the hogue will help make it more accurate then that's what I'll go with. Has anyone shortened the LOP on a hogue? Or should I bed the wood stock? Is bedding difficult? Thanks guys

401 Posts
Do you have the Hogue on a Target Mini? I have the Hogue on a target mini and it is difficult for me to hold. I am going to try the wood laminate stock if I can find one. I think the pistol grip thumbhole style stock will be more accurate for me. I am pretty tall.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Will the hogue help make my mini14 more accurate then the factory wood stock? I like the looks of the wood and the shorter, handier feel it has but if the hogue will help make it more accurate then that's what I'll go with. Has anyone shortened the LOP on a hogue? Or should I bed the wood stock? Is bedding difficult? Thanks guys
Bedding is not difficult if you use the Acraglas Gell and watch Gundoc's video first.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
In my experience, the Hogue is about the same as a bedded factory wood stock. As mentioned, it is not particularly difficult to bed a mini after watching a good video (such as Gundoc's), and you're relatively handy at such things.

I have both stocks in play. The Hogue is great. But there is just something about the feel of wood I'd rather have under my hands on a long shooting day. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a ranch 580 series with the wood stock. I bought a black hogue for it (shoulda got OD green) and I like it but the LOP is too long. It seems people say it'll help with the accuracy since it provides a tighter fit to the rifle compared to the wooden stock. What I may do is experiment with the black hogue by shortening the LOP for experience, and get the OD green hogue and shorten it's LOP once I know how to do it. I can't get Gundocs how-to videos to come up either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.