Perfect Union banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10-22 is all over the target! This gun originally had a stainless bull barrel that was threaded for a suppressor. I sent the gun to Jerry Micklick to mount the barrel it was shooting sub MOA at 50yds. I then sent the gun of to the suppressor manufacturer to have the barrel threaded and his threading was sloppy but the gun with the suppressor installed was still shooting sub MOA at 50yds. Then I decided to have the stainless gun blackened and the threads cleaned up. The gunsmith had to cut the barrel back and rethread it. Now it is all over the target. So I am thinking that the gunsmith did not torque the barrel into the receiver with the correct torque or the stock to the receiver with the correct torque. So my question is Does any one know the correct torque specifications for the barrel and stock?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Old Grump

The barrel was installed correctly buy following the instructions. So I'm wondering if I have led build up. I need to find a led remover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was reading another post and the person had led build up in their barrel. So I am going to clean the barrel good with some led remover to see if that cures my issues.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Any good penetrating oil like Kroil, M-Pro 7, or Lewis Lead Remover and an old worn out brass bore brush with a small piece of Chore Boy Copper cleaning pad wrapped around the brush will get you as clean as it is possible to get and will do it fairly fast and cheap.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It is VERY POSSIBLE he did not do a good job on your muzzle crown!!!! I would check THAT as well.... a poorly crowned muzzle would cause accuracy to go to hell... and thats exactly what work was done...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its soaking in some led remover. I scrubbed the bore. I'm going to shoot it tomorrow and see what happens. If I don't get good results I will send it to Clark Custom to see what they can do with it. That is where it was build originally back in the early 90's When Mr Clark Sr was still alive. I'm sure I will get that gun back from them as a tack drive like it once was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts