Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to put out there that Hi Point makes a Tac Driver of a Carbine. I picked up a 9mm 995 about 2 years ago just so I could do some fire with movement drills with ammo cheaper than 5.56. At first I wasn't impressed with it because it uses stamped metal pretty much, and the barrel is connected to the bolt, which makes it really hard to upgrade parts since you would need a blow torch. Also, the 10 round single stack mags are a joke, really I laughed when I actually held them, then I fired the gun. Man did I look like I idiot, this thing shoots better than my friends CAR 9 every time. I literally had no problem putting shot on shot at 50 yards, and I could out shoot him at 200 yards like it was my job or something. It amazed me, then I found out its +p rated, WHAT, his wasn't even rated for +p (probably was but it did not say) and that thing loves 125grain +p. Never had a single Jam, ever, not even when I on purpose put it in muddy water for 30 sec, grabbed it and put a nice 10 shot group at 30 yards without even clearing it. It is hard like a rock, and I consider it to be the AK of carbines because its hard to make one not work. The ONLY true drawback I notices was its ability to rust easier than most weapons, that's it, and CLP takes care of that. I own AR15's, Rem870's, Glocks, SA XD's and several Smith and Wessons and my Hi Point is just as reliable, bar non. It might be ugly, but its a hell of a fire arm.

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
now if you could only find mags that hold 20-30 rounds instead of 10 or 15...

(you do know promag makes a 15 round mag for that gun right? :D )

was tossing around the idea of picking one of these up someday.

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
I love my 995ts. shoots great.
when Cali decides you can't have it anymore - I'm prepared to offer you 75 dollars a half eaten egg mcmuffin and a sharp pointy stick in trade...

oh wait - CA PC section 12029 says you can't have a sharp pointy stick. :(

but seriously - if you ever decide to part with it, I'd pay you what you paid for it, so keep me in mind ;)

it doesn't have a bullet button on it does it? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
when Cali decides you can't have it anymore - I'm prepared to offer you 75 dollars a half eaten egg mcmuffin and a sharp pointy stick in trade...

oh wait - CA PC section 12029 says you can't have a sharp pointy stick. :(

but seriously - if you ever decide to part with it, I'd pay you what you paid for it, so keep me in mind ;)

it doesn't have a bullet button on it does it? :rolleyes:
Of course it has a bullet button. Currently its the only bb rifle I have left.

And if Im trading with an islander you'd be better off trading me somethin worth while like some half eaten manapua or McDonalds saimin

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
Of course it has a bullet button. Currently its the only bb rifle I have left.

And if Im trading with an islander you'd be better off trading me somethin worth while like some half eaten manapua or McDonalds saimin
Not sharing my manapua, nope nope nope...
not for a whole crate of carbines.

maybe you like get a week old half eaten Spam Musubi?

on another note... I thought you had a 580/81 series mini 14?
cause it's "featureless" no need a bb?
I laugh every time a local boy whines about hawaii gun laws - cause compared to Cali... they are downright reasonable.

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
I put a BSA re dot scope on my 995. Not very expensiive but that puppy is sure accurate. The 995 came with 3-10rd mags and they all work well. Good gun for $250 scope and all.

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
a 9mm+p out of a carbine bbl is some serious medicine.
seems I read promag was developing a 'snail drum' 20rd mag for the 995.
since firearmeggedon I got doubts it will see light of day

·
Registered
18 Posts
I mounted a BSA red dot as well, But i have a lot of trouble seeing it in the middle of the day. How ever it is loaded next to my bed for any unwelcome visitors. I have had 2 people try to break in in the last few years and its reliability and close range accuracy makes it my number one choice for home defense. I did see a home made 50 round mag for one a few months ago, it was a really neat looking drum shape. Don't know how well it worked or anything. Not sure even if it held 50 just what the owner said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.